Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amish Kitchen Cabinets Western PA (Pittsburgh Area)???

Posted by bics56 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 21:21

I just started a kitchen remodel for a house I just purchased. So far I just removed the old cabinets. I have heard great stories about people using the Amish to build them beautiful kitchen cabinets for very reasonable prices. Has anyone here used the amish with great results? Details of the actual process will be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amish Kitchen Cabinets Western PA (Pittsburgh Area)???

My husband and I are using Schrock's of Walnut Creek. They are a custom cabinetry company located a couple hours west of Pittsburgh in Walnut Creek, Ohio. I'm not sure if they are Amish or Mennonite owned, but I know there are a combination of both who work there. They have been absolutely wonderful to deal with. We went out several months ago and toured their facility and got to see the cabinets being made. The quality is just fantastic. My contact there is Lyle Miller. He truly has been wonderful. We have just placed our order, so we won't have our cabinets until the beginning of November. I'll be posting lots of pictures when our kitchen is finished!

o

We are in Wexford and used a local cabinet maker. He wasn't Amish but makes amazing cabinets! I put the link to the page where I posted my kitchen cabinets. The cabinet maker is Mike Santa and his workshop is near Cranberry. (724) 272-0259 Let me know if the link below doesn't work and I'll try to get a picture of my cabinets on. He is working on white painted cabinets with a different door style for a friend of mine now.

Here is a link that might be useful: custom cherry cabinets photo

o

I would recommend Mountaineerwoodcraft.com / Fairmont Kitchen Center, in Fairmont WV. They just did our kitchen and we were very happy with both quality and price. Our contact there was Mike Hoffman. They were one of the few places that would make our cabinets out of our own wood we provided. I hope to post pictures of our finished kitchen soon! (PS Lindsay, our counters are in and I owe you some countertop photos soon!)

o

Jenny --

I know this is an old, old post but if you're still around....

We just stopped in at Fairmont Kitchen Center today and met Mike Hoffman. I was really impressed with the cabinetry finish -- had no idea such quality was available in Fairmont -- and Mike seems knowledgeable and nice. And how great is that, that they can use your own wood? Are you in WV? How are your cabinets holding up? How did your kitchen design work out? So many questions. Thanks so much.

Betsy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here