Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docellie

availability of Moen Reflex Technology faucets - hope this helps

docellie
12 years ago

We're just beginning our kitchen and bath projects, and our GC tells us to choose our kitchen faucet quickly. He clearly doesn't know us well enough yet, especially me, as if he did he would know there is no such thing as a quick decision in our house! Anyway, we did our research and headed to a large, well-known kitchen and bath showroom and supply center in the area, thinking we were going to purchase a Hansgrohe. Once we laid our hands on the Moens with the new Reflex technology (they had several models), we knew that was it! But of course we had to go home first and review the specs of the ones we liked before deciding on a model.

We later called the showroom to ask the timeline for ordering any of the Moen faucets that we saw with reflex tech. We were told we were mistaken, that the only model they had in the showroom was the Brantford, and that the others were "only in that section but weren't the new ones"! She went on to say that the Brantford was the only model currently available with the new technology. I may not remember what I had for breakfast, but both DH and I knew she was wrong, as we are compulsive about reading and trying everything when we shop, and these definitely had the new cables and the ball joint.

The info on the Moen website was confusing (front page said one thing, the individual desciptions said another), and the responses here on the forum were different as well. So I sent an email this afternoon to Moen customer service asking for clarification. No more than 10 minutes later the phone rang, with Moen customer service on the other end! She told us that all faucets in the Moen warehouse now have RT, and that the response we received from the supply company (and yes, it was a "Moen Showroom of Distinction") was because the companies all want to move their old merchandise first. She told us to tell the sales rep to order whichever faucet we wanted directly from Moen, and to add the suffix -01 on to the end of the model number, indicating reflex technology. Hope this helps.....we'll be ordering tomorrow.

Comments (2)