Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scooper25

Granite help

scooper25
9 years ago

Hi I�m looking for advice for granite for "Brookhaven antique white cabinets" if anyone has suggestions or pictures I would appreciate it. Current choices are posted the darker one is Laborador antique brown the other not sure I was told it was labeled wrong it's either Terra Bianco /Crema Delicatus Picture below with possible floor. I will be a doing countertops and island. I'm leaning toward the darker for more continuity but haven't ruled out the other. I�m open to any new suggestions also!!
thank you

Comments (15)

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

I like the Delicatus with your white kitchen. But, it all depends on the overall look you are going for. Good luck!

• Gracie
    9 years ago

That looks a lot like my tile, but I'd like to see a photo of the sample in your house. It's reading a little pink, but so does mine in a photo. I picked my counter first and made sure the tile had the same undertone. I like both your choices, but until we can eliminate the pink and see more of the tile, it's hard to say.

• scooper25
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more picture

• scooper25
    Original Author
    9 years ago

May flowers thanks for your help I've attached 2 pics with my sample hope it helps!!

• Stephanie Halfacre
    9 years ago

I feel your pain. I'm trying to decide on Kraftmaid maple in mushroom with a virginia honed granite or a granite like the one you posted in the last picture, top right.

One is very classic, the other elegant, I think.

Out of those three, if I were you, I'd go with the lighter one in the top right.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

In the last photo, do you see how the floor looks a little pink against the white of the Crema? I don't think it's a great match but I like the granite. A lighter counter will expand your kitchen, so I'd go with the Crema if you're willing to get a darker tile. I don't think it's a good kitchen tile. Darker tile will ground the room and let you use a darker grout. You don't want beige grout in a kitchen. You could either go a little more gray or brown or even beige but with some darker areas--it doesn't need to be a solid colored tile or even much darker than what you've picked out. My tile has a lot of bronze lines in it, but I needed movement with my solid counter. I almost bought a beige tile that looked like yours but ended up rejecting it because I could visualize it in a frilly, feminine bathroom.

• ardcp
    9 years ago

i agree with mayflowers on all fronts. i have beige ceramic tile in my bathroom with beige grout and it has darkened in the traffic pattern over the last ten years.
    love the crema. to me the antique brown looks too much like the tan brown that i saw everywhere! if it is a huge cost upgrade for the crema then the antique brown is pretty but not for an equivalent cost.
    i apologize in advance to anyone with tan brown or antique brown, it is just my opinion after searching for granite for a very long time! i did the best i could to find a granite that looked pricey without breaking the bank for my own aesthetics and for resale.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I think the colors work alright, you just need to decide what look you want. The light stone is a much busier look, so be sure you like that aspect overall to work in, not just look at. The brown on the other hand will create a lot of contrast between your elements. Another big consideration overall.

• scooper25
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the advice! I originally had a darker colors picked out (I felt the same way about dirty grout) but the tile salesperson thought it was to aggressive? I'll attach a pictures
    I would love to get things moving or at least have my floor picked out and go from there with the granite since it's the first to go down. Let me know your thoughtsðÂÂÂ

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

I definitely prefer the antique brown overall, but particularly with that tile. On my monitor the lighter one doesn't work well with the tile.

• scooper25
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Picture with cabinet sample @raee which tile did you like the lighter or darker?? Thanks

This post was edited by laxrox on Thu, Sep 11, 14 at 15:13

• romy718
    9 years ago

The dark tile floor, white cabinets & the crema would be stunning. I really like both the granite & the richness of the dark brown floor tile.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I have to say that I really like the darkest floor tile a lot. Crisp and casually elegant.
    What's easiest to maintain

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Go back and aggressively tell that tile salesperson you have a winner!

Now if you haven't used this type of tile before, check to see what the variation is. Neither my salesperson nor my tile setter explained variation, and my tile is V4. It's got quiet tiles and tiles with movement, but the sample only showed the one with movement.

• eandhl
    9 years ago

I like the darker with your choices.