Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paigeysmom

Kitchen progress update

paigeysmom
15 years ago

Its really starting to look like a kitchen now. This was a big week.

Our new range arrived. As you may recall we had a problem with our Electrolux range sticking out too far from the cabinets so we finally decided the best way to fix it was to get a different range. Our GE Cafe arrived on Monday and it looks much better. I guess I should have listed this under the "kitchen wrongs made right" thread from a few days ago.

The other huge development was the backsplash. It was installed yesterday and looks gorgeous. Its such a relief not to be looking at bare drywall or holes in the wall anymore and the tile makes it look really finished.

There is more big progress to come next week. On Monday the painters will come to paint the entire first floor of the house including our newly constructed mantel and built in bookcases (I have included a preview shot). They will also be tiling our hearth with granite tiles next week. We just realized tonight that by the middle of next week all of the various contractors should be done and out of our house--what an exciting thought! We can't wait.

P.S. I am also including a picture of my DD playing in her cardboard playhouse made out of the range box. If the poor child has to be surrounded by remodeling chaos for 6 months, she should at least get to play with the boxes right?

Please excuse the mess in the photos--I'm sure you all understand!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville