Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Stainless Steel Range Hood, White Range

jerry_nj
12 years ago

I'm getting ready to replace a white porcelain range hood and have had the suggestion to change to a stainless steel.

All appliances are white porcelain, range, dishwasher, micro wave, toaster and coffee maker... can opener. Will Stainless steel look "out of place"?

Comments (7)

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I have a stainless hood over my white stove and it looks fine. I also chose a ss wall oven and micro shelf to give it a few pals in the kitchen ;). We have white cabs. Our appliances are mostly white (fridge, freezer, micro and even sink), but we got a black dw because we liked how the black looked better on the dw and did not want to be too white for the kitchen. It helps that our floor is black and gray, so the dw has some other black for it as well (plus the wall oven's (& micro's) glass reads as black when not in use).

• jerry_nj
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks,

This "collage" approach got me in trouble in the master bathroom I finished off, was rough plumbed by builder, but not finished. I put in an off white tub, a stand along shower in gloss white, all behind the shower door, and a white sink. I figured I could put in a red toilet if I was so moved. My wife disagreed - the toilet is white too and I am supposed to someday replace the off white tub, but haven't.. yes tub is set in a low-boy (not a show too) white tile that matches the stand alone shower. I also installed a 3' (or thereabout) high wainscot in natural wood, stained Minwax Early American with a dash of Mahogany - and wall paper above. I'm now under pressure to paint the wainscot white semigloss.

In the case of the kitchen a neighbor suggested Stainless steel and my wife liked the idea.. but burned once make me want to get some input.

Thanks again, I am moved one step closer to stainless steel.

• friedajune
    12 years ago

I have a white range with stainless hood. It looks great! Go for it.

• ginny20
    12 years ago

I think a stainless hood would be fine over the white range, but you may have some other stainless colored things that you just aren't thinking about. Do you have a stainless sink? Silver-toned hardware on the cabs? Chrome or stainless faucet? On the other hand, if, in fact, everything in the entire kitchen is actually white, maybe a shot of stainless is a good thing!

• jerry_nj
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good thoughts. We had a white porcelain sink, but we just had the new counter top installed this afternoon. If has an under counter sink and stainless it is. The faucet is stainless as well, new and a bit softer than the old one, but stainless none-the-less. There are other bits of chrome or stainless.

I'm comfortable with the stainless hood idea.

• fldirt
    8 years ago

I am putting a SS hood over a cranberry AGA range. My DW & refrigerator are black & my sink is SS as well as my cabinet handles. I'm not much of a matchy matchy kind of person but I do like for things to tie together.