Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breadandsuch

Creamy White Delicatus Finished Kitchen

breadandsuch
12 years ago

I would like to thank all of the gardenwebbers who took the time to answer my questions, calm ny fears, reassure me during my mini panic attacks, and for allowing me to be part of a community who understood exactly what I was going through. Here are pics of my finished kitchen :)

Cabinets...Shiloh cool white with cafe glaze

Range...Wolf 60 inch dual fuel

Hood...Wolf 60 inch

Fridge...GE Monogram 48 inch

Microwave...GE Monogram Spacesaver

Dishwasher...GE Monogram

Sink...Julien 30 inch, 7 mm edge

Faucet, Pot Filler, Soap Dispenser...Grohe Ladylux3

Granite...Delicatus

Backsplash Tile...Walker Zanger 2x6 6th Avenue Canvas Gloss

Mini Pendant Lights...Home Depot

Dining Table...Pottery Barn Bennet

Chairs... Pottery Barn

Comments (58)

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

You're done! Hooray! I'm green over your huge range. I love the subways. Nice proportions.

I remember seeing your beautiful blue DR before. Could you please remind me of the color?

• enmnm (6b)
    12 years ago

Lovely. May I ask...what are the dimensions of the kitchen?

• greenhousems
    12 years ago

Bread and Such.

Your kitchen is beautiful. I love the Stove, Lighting and the DR table... can I ask what are the measurements for the Penninsula?

Thanks and enjoy your new Kitchen,

Rosaleen

• biochem101
    12 years ago

That is one smartly put together open u-shape! Have just added you to my collection for the web page I'm going to do "some day". ;)

LOVE the ivory glazed cabinets, my favorite color.
    All that storage packed into a relatively modest space is awesome. Some of us *need* many cabinets.

I even like the paneled fridge and DW. It let's the range shine. Less interruption in the flow.

Wide peninsula counter A+++.

Beautiful job!

• Capegirl05
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I really love what yuu did around the sink...as fabulous as all of the elements are, I must have stared at that open cabinet picture (with the bread pans) for like 5 minutes...lol...shamelessly trying to figure out how to incorporate into my almost-done kitchen! Great job!

• mrshanson1
    12 years ago

I think that your stove is the leading jewel of the kitchen. Wow! I think it is stunning. Great job! Very classy

• Lori Ryan
    12 years ago

*Applause*. Beautiful kitchen. I love the integrated appliances and the cabinets that go to the ceiling. Your granite is lovely. It is very nicely put together. Many years of good cooking .

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for all of your kind comments. I am having a blast with my ovens...I bought the floor model for a substantial discount, so my dream became a reality. The baking performance is incredible!

Here are the answers to the questions...thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Flooring...24x24 porcelean from Unicom Starker...Love it! The beauty of ceternia, but the durability of porcelean.

Blue Paint color...Blue haze by Benjamin Moore (a pottery Barn color)

Kitchen dimentions...15 x 13 ft
    Peninsula dimentions...45 x 70 in

The pan cupboard was an idea that i got from gardenweb...I wish i could remember where so I could thank them. You would really appreciate it if you could have seen how they were stored in my previous kitchen :)

I will try and take pictures of some of my other storage features today...

• maryann_m
    12 years ago

Your kitchen looks wonderful! Your granite is very pretty. I love how the cabinets, backsplash and granite work together. It fits in very nicely with your adjacent dining area. The cabinet space where you've stored your baking pans appears to be an extremely functional space. Thanks for sharing!

• houseful
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

• elba1
    12 years ago

It's just lovely - congrats to you!

• Daicey
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!! With the 60" does that mean you have the griddle AND grill??

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here a are a few more pictures...

Pot Drawers

Corner Susan

Above Fridge Storage for Trays

Spice pullouts...I have one on either side of the range.

Upper Corner Cabinet...An oversight - there is only a 7in opening. it worked out ok...I found 18 in lazy susans at BBB. Notice my narrow parchment shelf...it is very handy.

My husbands Macchiato...the reason why the espresso machine and grinder have prime location on my counter.

• zeebee
    12 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. The cabinets are gorgeous and I love how they work with the your granite.

• boylanite2
    12 years ago

May I have a macchiato too please???? What a beautiful kitchen! Enjoy your new space.

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Daicey...yes, I have the grill and a 12 inch griddle.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Another macchiato here. Obviously your husband and your kitchen are keepers. Great storage ideas.

• hellonasty
    12 years ago

Awesome design on that cuppa macchiato!

Kitchen looks lovely! That Wolf is a beast! Love your baking hutch, and that you used that small space in a cab for parchment paper!

Are your Wolf stove top ignitors clicking after the flame goes on? Ours do. We have another call in, they say they have a new part to fix the problem.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I LOVE your Delicatus granite so much. I LOVE your cabinets and I love the large size neutral tiles. I also love the Wolf Range with the pretty red knobs and the range hood. You did a great job and now have a gorgeous functional kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

• laxsupermom
    12 years ago

Just gorgeous! I love the way it all came together. Your delicatus counters are stunning, and your range is drool worthy. Love the rustic farmhouse table and chandy in the eat-in area, too! Enjoy your beautiful new kitchen!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

Very, very nice. Storage galore, wonderful. And I really like the PB table in your kitchen, fits in great.

• DreamItCanBe
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I love seeing beautiful kitchens that are compact and functional. While I love a huge kitchen as much as the next gal, my kitchen just isn't big! Enjoy! The colors are fabulous and I especially love your granite and I do have range envy...

• pollyannacorona
    12 years ago

Fabulous! I love, love your granite counters, makes me want to change our our giallo granite tile for a similar slab. It looks so beautiful and elegant with the cabinet colors! Seeing your pot drawers am now missing them also in my current kitchen. I like all the storage of bakeware also. Great choices.

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

Love it!! You mentioned in my thread that your cabinets were darker than you would have liked, but everything blends beautifully. I never would have known. They go great with your counter and floor!

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hellonasty...I have not had the clicking issue, but I am very interested in how your situation was resolved. please update us.

• tinker_2006
    12 years ago

I love all the pictures, thanks for sharing! Your kitchen is very yummy!!

• suska6184
    12 years ago

Great space! You have storage for everything, and it all comes together in a classy way. Makes me just want to put on an apron, pull out the flour and bake, something..anything...Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

Dumb question, but what is that countertop appliance just below your microwave?

• homechef
    12 years ago

Very nice kitchen and you obviously had put a lot of thought into storage and design. You must be proud.

Now OT question - what brand are your espresso machine and grinder? I'm seriouly considering upgrading mine.

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of the kind comments. The appliance under the microwave is a Bosch Universal Plus mixer. I use it to knead whole grain breads.( I mill flour from whole grains with a mill.) It can knead 6 loaves of bread in 5 minutes.

As for the espresso and grinder, we have Pasquini(espresso) and a mini Mazzer (grinder). The Pasquini pulls a very consistant shot. We had a Rancillio Silva before, and prefer this one. The mini Mazzer is an incredible machine...worth every penny.

• jlb1003
    12 years ago

Awesome!! Maybe you said this, but where did you get your cabinets? Are they custom?

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I am in love with everything about your kitchen but especially your floors, your back-splash, your cabinets and your granite! Thank you for posting. You really have terrific taste in decorating!

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. The cabinets are Shiloh custom cabinets.

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Just gorgeous in every way. What a beautiful kitchen, great job! Isn't it fun getting something you love on discount as in your Wolf range, it's fabulous! Have a wonderful time using your exciting new kitchen!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

breadandsuch, your kitchen is so gorgeous that I had to come back and look at it. I am so in love with your granite, floors, backsplash, appliances and the creamy white cabinets! I now wish my tile was more like yours although mine is similar. My tile is 18 X 18 not yet installed but I love your bigger 24 X 24 tile! What color is it? "24x24 porcelain from Unicom Starker...Love it! The beauty of ceternia" you had mentioned and I am wondering if I just need to change my lighting in my kitchen since my tile is so pretty in the daylight but at night is darker than what I wanted. I have not yet installed my tiles.

Thanks again for posting such a gorgeous kitchen! You did a wonderful job at designing it and it definitely is showcase material.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I changed the lighting in my kitchen to the whitest white the fluorescent came in (until I have time to hire an electrician to put in recessed lighting but I see now that I want very white bulbs_ and I was able to buy 2 more boxes. I am very happy with the way my tiles look nice which is similar to your tile but yours are a little prettier and bigger. I wish my kitchen was a little bigger to go with the 24X 24 size but the 18 X 18 size is so nice. I never had big tiles before I know I will be happy. But if you have time, I still would love to know which tile color you chose that I find to be perfect!

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I must have missed your post lynn2006...so sorry. I would love to see progress pics of your kitchen. It sounds like we have similar taste. I think your 18x18 tiles will be gorgeous...my sister-in-law just installed white 18 inch tile and they are beautiful. My tiles came in a white or cream color, and we went with the white (gres fine). The color ended looking creamier than we thought it would, so I am so glad that we went with the lighter shade.
    I also had a lighting issue as my existing fluorescent lighting cast a green sheen on my cabinets. We changed to LED and were able to get rid of the green.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

breadandsuch, if I did not have so many medical bills this year from a fall I had and losing my group health insurance so having the most expensive single health insurance and two of my little dogs having a lot of medical bills, I would have ripped out everything in my kitchen except the appliances and had a kitchen like yours on a smaller scale since that is my taste. I am still trying to decide to temporarly paint the cabinets until I have time to change them next year and get granite counters and a backsplash or be patient and wait and meanwhile install the tiles and change out the outdated fixture I dislike so much.

Do you know what color grout you used? I loved your kitchen so much that I printed pictures of it, especially the tiles.

I also chose the white version of my tile and I am glad I did since I would not want my tile any darker. After seeing your kitchen, mine pales in comparison. I live in a very expensive part of NJ and live near NY so square footage is at a premium here. But I know my kitchen will slowly but surely have all the changes that I want and become beautiful. I am just so happy to be going with a larger tile than my foyer tiles. I should have went large even in my two small foyers since it really makes the room look so updated. I also love all my stainless steel appliances for how they look and how well they work. I especially love my range and dishwasher.

• Kristin MacPhail
    12 years ago

Pretty! What size is the handle on your dishwasher?

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The diswasher handle is 12 inches long. I am glad that I went with the longer handle because the panel makes the door very heavy.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I love how the handle on the dishwasher looks and how the dishwasher is paneled.

I found out two of my light bulbs were not connected right when I took my pictures so now my tiles are lighter and prettier but not as pretty as yours. I can't wait to change my cabinets and your kitchen will be my inspiration!

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Will you look at the size of that range! That is amazing! (Do I have drool on my chin again?)

White Delicatus gets me every time. It is just stunning!

Congrats on am amazingly beautiful kitchen!

• jlcorp
    12 years ago

breadandsuch-

Love your kitchen choices...everything works so well together. I really like how your window area turned out. I was thinking of doing something similar- unfortunately they only had one slab of my granite, so there are no leftovers to use as a window sill.

I am also looking for 2" x 6" tile. I saw your post and called to get price quote on the Walker Zanger 2x6 6th Avenue Canvas Gloss and was quoted twice what you paid. Could you please tell me where you purchased your tile?

Thank you:)

• forensicmom
    12 years ago

Everything looks great. I absolutely LOVE your table and chairs. Are they new? Can I askk where you got them?

• pollyannacorona
    12 years ago

Fabulous, especially loving your choice in granite, great job.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

breadandSuch, I had to come back and look at your gorgeous kitchen after going out to look at kitchens yesterday after my client left. I am not sure I can wait and now want new cabinets. I love the style of your door and I am finding out that I like different style doors. But I do love the style of your draws a lot and that color is gorgeous. Again, I want to thank you for posting. I could not find your granite in any of the stores but I sure love it.

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So sorry, I must have missed the last few questions. We had a busy weekend...the first party in the new kitchen. We had 70 people over for my daughters sweet 16. It was a joy to work in my new space.

Forensicmom - My table and chairs are Pottery Barn.
    JLGC - I got the Walker Zanger tile at the WZ showroom. I think they gave me contractors price...maybe you could ask for it?
    Lynn2006 - I am sure your kitchen will be incredible. I did not have a clear vision when I started...I found this forum a little too late :) You have done your research and know what you love. I can't wait to see it!

• forensicmom
    12 years ago

I absolutely LOVE all the pictures. Your kitchen turned out great. I have to ask, where did you get the table and chairs? I love them too.

• breadandsuch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much. Table and chairs are Pottery Barn...I love them!

• lisa0527
    12 years ago

I did a search for 6th Avenue WZ tile and couldn't find them. Are they a recent buy?

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

breadandsuch, I am waiting for a price quote on the Shiloh Inset cabinetry since I fell in love with the look in a show room near me and I remember that is what you had also that I loved. I will keep you and everyone updated. My kitchen is smaller but Home Depot refacing gave me a ridiculous $18,000 to reface my cabinetsbefore new counters and leaving the soffit and Home Depot $9,000 before removing the soffit and new counters and installation of my floors. I am hoping the new cabinets will be doable since I love them and I am ready also for a new counter and better lighting.

The cabinet store had the Polar in the store with the square recessed panel and it was beautiful. But yours is so beautiful also. I guess if the quote is good, I will then have to decide between the Polar and the Soft White.