Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer42_gw

Caesarstone Raven vs. Silestone Marengo/Arden blue?

jennifer42
9 years ago

Hi! We are replacing our countertops and want to go with a charcoal gray quartz. I love Caesarstone Raven but it will be cheaper and we can avoid seams if we use a jumbo Silestone slab. Is anyone able to post photos or describe the difference between Caesarstone Raven and Silestone Marengo and/or Silestone Arden Blue? I haven't found many photos of Arden Blue in an actual kitchen...anyone have this? Also, in some photos Marengo seems to have a brown tone, do you think this is the case?

If it matters I have white cabinets and a medium toned wood floor. And will install either a white or very pale blue crackle subway tile backsplash. Thanks in advance y'all!

Comments (18)

• sixkeys
    9 years ago

You might want to check out Pental quartz in Coastal Grey. It is nearly a perfect match to Raven at a much lower cost. It also comes in a jumbo slab.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Thank you Rebecca3142 for letting us know abut the Pental Quartz brand! I need to find who has this locally to see since it is less money than the pretty Caesarstone that I am starting to like. Also that is great that it comes in jumbo slabs.

• sixkeys
    9 years ago

Your welcome! I just had mine installed today in fact. I've attached a picture of Raven and Coastal Grey samples right next to each other. I can't remember which is which (have to check my notes), but it probably doesn't matter sine they are so similar.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Amazing how similar these two gray counters are! Thank you rebecca3142 for sharing.

• jennifer42
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just put a slab of the Pental Coastal Gray on hold. thanks again, I soooo appreciate the suggestion.!

• centaurs2
    9 years ago

We like the pental coastal grey as well. Will it go with a Carrara mosiac backsplash? Also looking for the best contrast with a Silgranite sink. What about anthracite? Anyone using these combinations? Thanks in advance.

• polkadotz
    9 years ago

I realize this thread is from ages ago, but thought i'd post in case someone was researching. I chose Silestone Marengo. I love it so far! We've had it for about a month. The color is a nice soft gray, not too cold. Really happy with my choice.

• polkadotz
    9 years ago

one more, you can see it in the background of the island.

• jennifer42
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Very pretty! I like your backsplash too.

• luettaw
    9 years ago

pokadoz what is your flooring?

• centaurs2
    9 years ago

We just installed Coastal Gray countertops with a Silgranit Cinder sink. It's almost a perfect match.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Polkdotz, beautiful kitchen! I love your counters for both the perimeter and island. Your floors are gorgeous! What are they? I love all the windows you have.

• polkadotz
    9 years ago

Our floors are Provenza Heirloom Collection in London. I love how they look but am less sure how they're going to wear. Already have a few scratches. The knotty, grain-y look is very forgiving but I'm annoyed that it scratches easily. Thanks for the compliments!

• sixkeys
    9 years ago

Here is the coastal grey with a metallic grey Silgranite sink and a marble backsplash. I agree that the cinder is a great match. I was looking for some contrast. Pardon the construction dust!

This post was edited by rebecca3142 on Sun, Nov 23, 14 at 19:45

• bkeithaz
    8 years ago

polkadots -- Thanks for posting the pic of your Marengo counter. You're right, I am researching it and yours is the best real-world photo of it I've come across. Your kitchen turned out beautifully!

• Steph Cav
    4 years ago
    polkadotz- I know this is an old thread, but how are you liking the marengo countertop? what finish did you go with?
  • SHarper
    3 months ago

polkadotz - I know this is many years old but I love your perimeter countertop w/ the island. Can you say what the island top is? Thank you