Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serin_gw

Wilsonart Milano Quartz

serin
15 years ago

Hi, all. Can anyone post a photo of this laminate surface installed? Or point me to where I can find one? I'm down to my last few days of selecting the perfect laminate countertop but just can't seem to settle and my imagination stalls when trying to expand a teeny laminate sample into a beautful, finished countertop in my kitchen. I need help!

Thank you,

Serin

Comments (11)

• catherinep
    15 years ago

I too have narrowed my selection to this one. (I just haven't given the installer the go-ahead.) I did order an 8 x 10 sample and it helps, but it would be great to see it installed. I'm heavily leaning toward this with my creamy white cabinets because it looks like granite with a price that will allow me to not feel guilty if I decide to go with something else in 5 years.

What color are your cabinets that you're pairing this with, Serin?

• catherinep
    15 years ago

I called the installer today. It may be 3-4 weeks before he can complete my counters, but I'll post a picture of Milano Quartz when they're finished.

• catherinep
    15 years ago

My Milano Quartz counters were installed last week. I love them! We've got a few more things to do with the kitchen, but here's a look at the counter tops.

• stargirl_2008
    15 years ago

Hi Catherine, I really can't tell from your pictures, but what edge did youget for your counter top? I am thinking of the no drip edge for my Wilsonart in Milano Blaze. In looking at yours, from what I can tell, you have a straight squared edge. Thanks!

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

Stargirl--It's the beveled edge. Look closely at the second photo--the end of countertop.

• catherinep
    15 years ago

Hi Stargirl, Ci lantro is right. It's the beveled edge. I had originally wanted a 180 wrap edge. However, that would have required a post-form counter which would have then given me a diagonal seam in the corner between the sink and stove. I didn't want to have any visible seams. The beveled edge allowed for no seams on the top anywhere. With the beveled edge, I could have gotten clipped corners, but I opted for 90 degree inside and outside corners.

• pfmastin
    15 years ago

Thank you catherinep,
    Wow, that's good looking! I'm glad to see it. I'm getting ready to install Formica's Perlato Granite w/ the same edge. Thank you for letting us see that laminate can be beautiful.
    Pam

• catherinep
    15 years ago

Thanks, Pam! I just looked up Perlato Granite. It's really nice-looking. One thing we did in the area above the dishwasher is coat the underside of the counter with urethane varnish. This way, steam won't cause swelling with the counter's wood structure. Good luck with your counters!

• pfmastin
    15 years ago

catherinep,
    I had a friend give me the same advice about sealing the underside of the counter above the dishwasher. I asked my fabricator this morning if they can put a laminate strip there and she said they could. Would you think it still needs to be sealed?

Pam

• catherinep
    15 years ago

I think the laminate strip would also work for sealing above the dishwasher. --Catherine

• jchoich
    15 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a picture of Milano Mahogany Wilsonart countertops? We are trying to chose a color for our new house and can't decide! Thanks!