Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrinm

SO close yet SO far....... Pulls and knobs

Terri
10 years ago

Who would have EVER guessed there were 65739387342759 choices out in the world?????? My to do list is getting shorter but man I think it's also harder. I mean this stuff is in your face every.single.day. If it goes in and I don't really love it? TO bad. lol. I know, knobs are changeable. I'm stressing here! :)

So, I need to see your knobs and pulls. I've searched and found several but would love to see more. Especially if you haven't shown them or again if you want to show again since making your final decision :)

Here is what I'm working with. The scratched up stained piece are my perimeter cabs. Minus the scrapes and dings of course. To many months of hauling it in the car. The blue piece is the center island. Verde peacock granite on the perimeter and Fusion (shown) on the center. ORB hardware. Would love any input because seriously at this point I'm DONE and my eyes are crossed.

And you all are the only ones that understand. DH says just PICK ONE!!

Comments (8)

• Terri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh shoot I should have added, my contractor is really pushing, nicely of course, hand forged. And since he is the best GC in the world and I've fallen in love with him that will be what I look closest at.

And the granite in the last pic isn't the Peacock. That is my mud room craft/project island. Just showing a close up of the cabinets.

Thank you!

• magsnj
    10 years ago

Been there. Crossed eyes and all. You should probably include budget parameters as well. I REALLY liked dealing with this company. I actually had to overnight them after a terrible experience with Restoration hardware and can't wait til they get here tomorrow. All of their products are very high quality and made in USA, France, England, etc. There is no part of the hardware made in China, Taiwain, etc, and no worries about lead being used. You will pay for the quality, but based on the other choices you've shown in your kitchen, you'll excuse me if I think you're the type who doesn't mind paying for quality.

I thought these would look pretty on your cabinets. They also have hand forged options

http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/product/CABfixedi/62RE83.html

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. I searched for five weeks every spare moment I had. I finally ended up with Schaub Casual Elegance. I really like them.

• katy-lou
    10 years ago

Have you looked at options from both sun valley bronze and rocky mountain hardware? Both hand forged in us bronze. White chapel are brass - very nice build quality and finish as well but stamped vs forged. Samples from both Rocky mountain Hardware and Sun Valley Broze were hands down nicer. We ended up ordering ones from Sun Valley and are awaiting their arrival. We didn't have a dealer closer than 4 hrs to is so they shipped us samples of the ones we were interested in. Very nice to have them in the space and really compare. I'd say you do really need to lay hands on them too - there were ones from Hamilton sinkler we briefly considered before we held them - yikes! Flat on back and felt awful! Good luck in your search

• Terri
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I knew you all would understand and not think I am just being "difficult" :) I love it here!

magsnj I haven't heard of that one, will definitely look. Nothing from China is definitely a plus. Those are very pretty! This is hopefully our forever home, and since we are in our mid50s it should last lol. And yes, we are very blessed to be able to not worry to much about staying in budget. In fact, DH hates a budget :) And while I was hoping to stay under $50 I'm not tied to that number.

holly-kay I think Schaub is on my contractors list he gave me. I just haven't made it to the Ss yet. You've been just ahead of me throughout all of this, so you give me hope lol.

katy-lou I have looked thru Rocky Mtn hardware several times! I've got a couple of maybes saved there. Just nothing reached out and grabbed me yet. I will check out Sun Valley also.

Thank you all for the recommendations!

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

I thought choosing pulls would be easy - Ha!

There's nothing like having samples to hold in your hand and hold up to your cabinet. One of my samples came with a little plastic bracket that clipped the pull to the door, so I could stand back and look at it.

Good luck!

• ginny20
    10 years ago

I went to the big box stores and bought one of anything I thought might possibly work, then held them up to the door sample. I looked at tons of sample boards at lots of kitchen places. I also looked hard at display kitchens all over, because sometimes something that looks good as just one is too much if there are a lot of them. I have raised panel doors, as you do, and I ended up preferring a relatively simple pull and knob. They don't fight with the lines of the cabs and the grain of the wood.

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

I wish my husband hated a budget. Ha! Love your choices and your granite is very pretty!