Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remembering funny threads

Posted by debrak2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 20:58

Over the years there have been many threads that made me laugh out loud. While the issue may or may not have been serious you couldn't help but laugh. Why? because they hit home. Made us laugh at ourselves and did a little reality check.

Anyone want to find their favorites and link them here? Tell us why it was your favorite.

I will link the one that included laxsupermoms secret weapon during the remodel. S E X
My fav because you can get so wrapped up in your house that you forget about your relationship. When you are both more relaxed decisions are much easier.

What is your favorite?

Here is a link that might be useful: secret weapon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remembering funny threads

Of course, this thread by Marcolo has to be included. It's just...classic.

I poured milk on my salad.

o

As a DIY-er (or , the wife of a DIY-er) I can totally relate!!!

I'm off to include LAXSUPERMOM in the '
My favorite ______ are...' thread. Thanks debrak2008!

o

My all-time favorite. It slays me every time I read it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat threw up in washing machine

o

These are awesome threads! I can't stop laughing... I love this kitchen forum.

o

Pamela, you beat me to it. That was the thread I was going to post as well !

o

Marcolo's Ten Commandments of the One True Kitchen, about halfway down.

Here is a link that might be useful: OTK

o

How Remodeling a Kitchen is Like Having a Baby

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen remodel like having a baby

o

Again with a Marcolo thread. One of my favorites that comes to mind right now....

where did he go to, anyway?

That OTK thread is a scream. Somehow, I missed that one...

Here is a link that might be useful: samples thread

This post was edited by deedles on Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 0:27

o

Towel pig thread was GW kitchens forum on its ridiculest best.

Infamously witty John Liu and the Maginot line thread

o

I remembering laughing hysterically at the pet peeve/widget thread....

Here is a link that might be useful: pet peeve

o

Raising boys requires a sense of humor. I saved this thread because many of the entries rang true for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raising Boys.....a chuckle

o

The infamous "widget" thread!

Here is a link that might be useful: Widget Thread!

o

Here's one I saved in a weak moment. I can't believe I'm posting it. Read at your own risk.

You'll enjoy Buehl's link at the end.

Here is a link that might be useful: For us women only--get a kleenex or a box if you cry when la....

o

Guess I should have looked at the other links....Burnsie2 beat me to it! We posted the same link, albeit with different descriptions!

o

Is there anything funnier than hurling cat stories, ROFL! Oh my that is a funny thread. Thanks for the laughs!!

o

Towel pig. It still comes up every now and then, someone buying a towel pig. Just never THE towel pig!

Here is a link that might be useful: Towel Pig

o

Ugh, I just got sucked in to the time sinkhole that is searching for a towel pig. But in the process I found this thread . . . Favorite Threads Thread

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1119132024105.html

o

Don't forget the 'please show me your stools in context' thread.....

o

The worst Kitchen ever... it was black and really awful. It always made me smile cause its the only kitchen I ever saw that was worse than my 1948 gem.

Sorry I couldn't find the thread, but I know a regular will be able to find it.

o

Such great links!

We can include funny titles such as "...stools in context". I know I posted an one last year. "Why is 26" both odd and Canadian?". I was in search of 26" bar stools.

I remember that black kitchen. Didn't it has gold stenciling on it? I couldn't find it either

o

I just reread the "stools in context" thread and laughed so hard I cried. Mood lights for the toilet!!! You don't want to be there when they turn green.

o

Conduct unbecoming a mother:
Sending the waxing thread to my 30 year old daughter. Who for reasons incomprehensible to me waxes.

o

Never in a million years would I have thought that looking for a broom would engender 98 (and counting) posts. But I underestimate the TKO! Keeping up with it as it goes is fascinating and interesting and fun. But reading the whole thing AFTER reading the Widgets thread...priceless.

And BTW, I am going to buy a new broom...or three...now after reading that thread. And will join the posts that said "this thread is costing me money" :) But no widgets; they're so out of fashion now and would affect my resale.

Here is a link that might be useful: Really fantastic widget I mean broom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here