Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tips for sprucing up honey oak stained cabinets

Posted by Mom23Es (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 20:58

We want to get our house listed in a few weeks. Our house has builder's grade honey oak cabinets. They are 17 years old and are showing their age. Is there an oil or cleaner that can make them look nicer? Any tips? Obviously we're not trying to spend a ton of money.

Also, one of the cabinet doors has three nickel-sized marks where the finish is worn off. Any way to fix that?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tips for sprucing up honey oak stained cabinets

Pledge Revitalizeing Oil does a good job of freshing up dry, dull wood surfaces. It is a non aerosol spray. Spray it on leave it sit for 30-60 sec. and wipe off the excess. It takes a bit of wiping. I think you will be surprised how good the wood will look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pladge revitalizing oil.

o
RE: Tips for sprucing up honey oak stained cabinets

I searched on this recently because I wanted to clean our oak cabinets that we donated. I came across a few recommendations for Howard Feed-N-Wax.

http://www.howardproducts.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here