Comments (28)

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Giallo O

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finally another version of Giallo , vote on one you like best:)

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

#2 is only one with cream tone.

• rantontoo
    10 years ago

2...warmer tones on my monitor...it looks like there may be hints of some warmer parts in 1 but it is not really clear on my screen????

• herbflavor
    10 years ago

Like the Artus.....but pick what you like....all 3 are really just fine...each adds a little different dimension.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Artus has a lot of warmer tones that is what the designer I hired pointed out to me for the kitchen. I see a lot of a hint of light green in it and the cream to me is more yellow which okay just not sure about it. The third Giallo is a different one on a cream background with a lot of colors I would say more warm then cool in person. The granite yard guy that is a fabricator and importer all in one loved it with the floor and cabs. He had showed me a lot of upper level ones but I did not like any of them as they had a lot of either salmon , pink and or orange in a lot of the stones. Just not something I am fond of in my kitchen.He then said wait I just got some Giallo in I bet would be great . I am leaning toward number 2 as it is not as brown in person has cream , gray and the gold but not overly gold . Both of the Giallo's the yards said were not typical of the stone. I saw some typical ones and they were for sure very gold. Any and all input welcome:) You quys are great.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Artus has a lot of warmer tones that is what the designer I hired pointed out to me for the kitchen. I see a lot of a hint of light green in it and the cream to me is more yellow which okay just not sure about it. The third Giallo is a different one on a cream background with a lot of colors I would say more warm then cool in person. The granite yard guy that is a fabricator and importer all in one loved it with the floor and cabs. He had showed me a lot of upper level ones but I did not like any of them as they had a lot of either salmon , pink and or orange in a lot of the stones. Just not something I am fond of in my kitchen.He then said wait I just got some Giallo in I bet would be great . I am leaning toward number 2 as it is not as brown in person has cream , gray and the gold but not overly gold . Both of the Giallo's the yards said were not typical of the stone. I saw some typical ones and they were for sure very gold. Any and all input welcome:) You quys are great.

• natebear zone 10B
    10 years ago

My vote is for Artus.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Herbflavor how will I pick it is so hard !

• herbflavor
    10 years ago

I think between artus and 1st giallo is a different handling of the interplay between cabs/counter......I seriously would not worry about the interplay with the floor as the floor will recede...it's basically a neutral altho you are struggling to not clash...but beyond that it really is a plain/straightforward floor and that will be the case even more over time...it's just the nature of a floor. Back to the counter with cabs issue...artus has a lot of dimension and "stop and gaze" quality..it's a good looking/not super common granite. Giallo is much more straightforward/ the veining pattern is very regular and much fewer color striations.....so artus will make for a lot more interest..but if you'd rather an "allover" acceptable mate to your cabs and forget about drawing in the eye, I think giallo goes that wayfor your kitchen. Which way to take the space is your call....small kitchen? wanting a streamlined/tonal look-fewer differentiated areas, then maybe the giallo. Slightly bigger space? in want/need of some pattern/detail/interest/something to focus...then maybe the artus. This aspect of it only you can determine because you set up design and overhaul of your kitchen....and yet not even completely done...hardware/backsplash/paint/etc.... but true-counter is a biggie and not cheap.... lastly....nothing wrong with picking one simply because you like it much more than the others. With granite-even a "safe" pick will work well because of the natural quality....the patterns aren't found in other materials....maybe you'd feel best about the giallo or which ever piece all the other people at the yard were giving you strong feedback about. Think about something in/around your kitchen to tilt your decision,keeping in mind the floor issue....I'm certain the answer or deciding factor is right there.

• Caya26
    10 years ago

I like #2 - It looks stunning with your cabinets and floor. You could play up any number of tones in your backsplash.

Good luck!

• Gracie
    10 years ago

The third Giallo is called Giallo Ornamental Light. I have it in a guest bath with dark cherry cabinets. It has a lot of quartz in it to lighten up the undertone. I also like the blue-gray in it and painted my walls a silvery blue.

The first Giallo is really the correct undertone though. It's not too gold in person?

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No its really not to gold in person . It has a lot more of the brown in with some gold but does not really jump out of you. What other color does your GO Light have in it Mayflowers? I did notice quartz in it which I love. Thanks Herbflavor for your advice :) Thanks Caya and Natebear :)

• amykath
    10 years ago

I love the artus!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

I don't love creamy colors, and so I don't love the 2nd one although I'm sure an awesome kitchen could be made with those materials. I do love the first, but not so much with your floors (though I imagine herbflavor is right about it being fine and neutral). My favorite is the 3rd picture, to me it just looks "right" with each element bringing out the best in the others.

• CallMeJane
    10 years ago

I vote for the Artus. The color in the natural light looks less similar to your flooring, unlike the second picture of the Giallo. I voted for the Giallo yesterday based on busy-ness, but I think the color of the Artus, despite the less busy pattern allows each the countertop and floor to be distinct. There is some similar color to pick up your tile as well, but not as dominating.

• RoRo67
    10 years ago

Love the Artus. At first glance, I liked the Giallo Ornamental, but I vote for the Artus. The floor, cabinets, and first Giallo Ornamental are all of the same tone. The last Giallo is much lighter and will brighten your room, but I like a countertop to announce its presence. With Artus, you will achieve that. There is enough creamy in the Artus to bring in the tones of the flooring without drawing your eyes down. Good luck with your decision. All three are great in their own right.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

You need to bring samples home and look at it in your own light. We really can't see any of the detail in the granite on our monitors, and who knows what effect the bright sunlight is having.

I have a cooler floor with my GO Light, but a warmer floor would work too. I've seen it with taupey paint and backsplash. Do a search on Houzz for photos.

• Frazestart
    10 years ago

They are all very nice stones but, on my monitor, the first Giallo O seems to bring out the best in your floor and cabs. I second the suggestion to bring samples home to see how they look in your kitchen setting.

• likewhatyoudo
    10 years ago

I like the giallo for the overall less busy appearance. What color is the stain on your cabinets? I love it with the giallo.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey all the stain Rtwilliams is called Amaretto . I am meeting with the designer on Monday to go over these choices so maybe we can get a decision . For samples they usually knock a piece off bottom of stone right? I know my last kitchen they did that with granites, that yard however is not in business any longer. These other yards have not offered to knock off a piece I guess if I go today I will just have to request and see what they say:) I am also meeting with the decorator to go over the granites on Monday morning. Not sure if she will be willing to go all the way to Pensacola ever to see the last giallo that is further away from here. I am so confused one minute I say to myself number two is it. Then I think it is Artus . Then think no a tighter patter is what I am more drawn to and the lighter colors in Giallo number two the last one is what I think . So dang confusing. Given I do collect the blue old dishes and other blue pieces I am thinking Artus or the last Giallo is the pick. What do you think about the granites with that decor of the blue plates ? You know like flow blue or any patterns of the old blue plates and such I have ?

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

Artis.
    #2 looks too matchy matchy with your floors to me. Could just be the pic. All of them would work & look good.

• rkb21
    10 years ago

I like the Artus the best. Out of the two gaillo options, I like the second one better.

I agree with a previous poster to bring samples home to see how the light in your space changes the look of the granite.

Good luck!

• kylady7
    10 years ago

Both are beautiful but my choice is the Artus....it reminds me some of the Bianco Romano that I have chosen and I could go Cream, to tans...to shades of Grey to several other colors....so the Artus is very versatile...but which ever you choose will be stunning!

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have now for sure taken the Artus out of the running . There was just something about it while very pretty it had a very greenish undertone and the creamy was more yellow then cream. It just did not speak to me as much as the other two. The pictures just do not do any of them justice but I just think in the yards they are so hard to photograph. The second Giallo is more a light and and darker brown and not nearly as orange looking as I think it shows in this pick. So then the other Giallo I will see again tomorrow and see what hubby thinks he has yet to see that in person. This granite picking is hard work for sure :)

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey all I ended up picking today the Giallo O number 3. It had both the warmth and that creamy look to it . So that is the one I decided to go with. I will post a small piece of it with cabs and floor when get a chance that they broke off the bottom.Not a very big piece but something . Thanks all for feedback:)

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Congratulations! It's going to be lovely and well worth all your time and effort. On to the next decision...

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Ginny :)