Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen color help!

Posted by wittbetsy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 20:42

Long time lurker finally seeking help!
Struggling to select a color to paint kitchen! Its a semi-open plan, kitchen opens to family room and connects to hall and living / dining space, so its going to be difficult to use multiple colors. First question is kitchen/Family room space. I've posted a link to the space below.
http://32manor.com/?paged=3

Cabinets are BM Linen White
Granite is honed Seafoam Green
Backsplash (not installed yet) is matte 2x6 subway tiles in a color close to BM Linen.

We are considering BM Coastal Fog 976, Tapestry Beige 975, also revere pewter 172. Since this connects directly to family room, i'm thinking using various shades of slate blue like (BM Vancortland Blue).

My concern is that coastal fog, next to the granite looks very very green and i'm not sure i want a green house!!!

Any thoughts on that scheme and or suggestions?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen color help!

We used Coastal Fog in our kitchen, which we redid a few years ago. I really love this color, very easy to live with. It does have a greenish cast to it, but in a very neutral way, if that makes sense. I don't seem to have one great picture of the walls, but this should give you an idea. Our cabinets are Linen White. Granite is Costa Esmeralda.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
RE: Kitchen color help!

Maybe seeing Positano's kitchen with white cabs and green Costa Esmerelda granite will help?

Here is a link that might be useful: Positano's kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here