Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pendants over island - 24''- 27" from top for small size ones?

Posted by thedork (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 20:41

If my pendants are clear glass - what is the lowest from the top of the island I can install them. We are both short 5'1 and 5'6' and the ceiling is 8 feet.

If they are smaller size - 6-7'' wide - can they be put lower than the usual 30'' from island or 60'' from floor.

I like them when they are lower - the island is 3x4 - not used for prep area.

Please share your thoughts - thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pendants over island - 24''- 27" from top for small size ones

We are both reasonably short, (5'4" and 5'6") but I have mine at 35" above the surface. The higher they are, the more light they cast. Also, if they are clear, you want them high enough so the light doesn't hit your eye so directly. Also, your guests may not be as short as you. Unlike a dining table, you are frequently reaching forward over an island to clean or grab something, and you don't want to be hitting your head on the light, as may often happen at a DR table where it's 30" above the surface.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here