Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash

Posted by riceel (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 20:31

My cabinets are natural maple, and have saint celcilia granite cabinet tops and what do you think about Tumbled Picasso Roman pattern for a backsplash. Need some help please. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash

That is a great combination. Love the pattern.

o

I agree, the backsplash looks like it was made for that countertop.

o

The combination is very nice if you want to keep those brown tones uninterrupted and want a solid stone look. If you want to add other colors or textures to your kitchen, you could find a way to introduce them here too. A bs can brighten a space in a single color by adding a new texture, like the glass arabesques below,

reflect light and bring a sense of shimmer, like the shell tiles shown here,

or even add a touch or color, like these iridescent aqua tiles below.

What do you want your bs to do for you?

o

I thought I posted, so if there is a duplicate sorry. I have to say that your choice will be overload for your counters. Yes the colors coordinate, but it will be too much together.
I would rather see one of the creams from the granite and you can jazz it up with some accent pieces.
I have seem too many people do what you are proposing to do only to be unhappy and tear it out.
That said, we all have different tastes and if you are thrilled with this combination than go for it.

o

Hello,

I agree...too much of the same thing, too busy.

Elaine

o

It does match, but personally its overload for me.

o

I also think it is lovely, but too busy. I have a lot going on in my marble counters. I found a mosaic that picked up all the colors. It looked great when I taped the sample to the wall, but when the first sheets went up it was awful and down it came. Then I tried using it as an accent with plain glass subways and again it was really bad. So from my prospective you can only have one star. I do however, sometimes like a mosaic or something interesting behind the stove/cooktop.

o

I agree Too much of the same. I fell in love with a match and then realized too much of the same.
I would try to pull in the colors with an accent.

o

Too much for me.

o

Maybe you should post a picture with a broader view of your kitchen so we can see the feel of it, it may be the exact feel you are going for.
For me, personally, it's a lot of brown. It definitely matches, but it is what I call matchy-matchy. If you like dark, and you like matching- go for it.

o

It would be neat to pull a color or two out of the granite and use that. It is a bit busy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here