Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Favorite drawer/shelf liner?

purrus
9 years ago

I've been looking at this on Amazon... anyone have it? It is the most highly rated stuff on there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027P9516/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'd love any other recommendations. I'm getting new cabinets, of course, so I need new liner!!

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shelf liner

Comments (5)

• emma
    9 years ago

I just use contact shelving paper, but I do not peel off the backing. I don't trust that it will come up easily. I use sorting trays in some of drawers and I want them to slide freely which it won't do with rubberized liners.

• ryanandkim
    9 years ago

I've used that shelf liner in the past. Functionally it's good - grips to the shelves so it doesn't slide around but the top is reasonably smooth enough that most dishware slides off it.

I'm actually in the midst of shopping for shelf liner, too. I haven't gone with this type again mostly because I'm not fond of the waffle-y texture. My new kitchen has really clean lines, and as stupid as this sounds, this liner just doesn't seem like the right fit.

Instead I'm using two types of liners -- the thicker foam liner by Easy Liner (with a smoother texture). I'm using this for drawers and roll out shelves where I'll be putting plates, pyrex and the like. And then I'm planning to get the smooth diamond liner by Con-tact for shelves that hold glassware and food items. I've been happy with it before even though it doesn't have a grip surface underneath.

Two other thoughts -- you can find a lot of old threads here about shelf liners. The gardenweb search feature isn't good though. I'd suggest Googling for: gardenweb.com shelf liner

And finally - I've discovered that Amazon prizes on shelf liner are WAY more than in local stores e.g., $14 per roll instead of $8. You might check Home Depot, Lowes, and Bed Bath and Beyond.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

There are several threads about shelf liner. The most recent was just a week ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another Shelf Liner Thread

• zackin
    9 years ago

In case you don't have time to read the other threads, I'll just pop in to let you know that I tried Cushy Cupboards, a product highly recommended here at GW. It's fabulous! It's stiff enough to sit very neatly on the shelf, smooth but not slippery, very substantial. I've used leftover scraps on my hard-to-clean glass shelves in the medicine cabinets, and it works like a charm. Now I'm even lining my refrigerator shelves (but sadly, no CC left).

Unfortunately, Cushy Cupboards is pretty expensive compared to almost any other shelf liner. So, I only bought one large roll when my kitchen reno was done. Then I decided not to spend so much money on shelf liner and bought and still use two or three other types as well (Ikea, Duck brand smooth top and one other that I can't recall). All of them are fine, but none compare to the CC. I wish I had stuck with that throughout. Not a big deal, but if you're going to buy shelf liner, buy enough to do everything you intend to.

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

I use a clear ribbed liner in my uppers for glassware and such. Since it's not grippy, the glasses and dishes slide out easily.

For my drawers I use a cushier/squishier liner. It reduces shifting of pots and pans, dishes and such that I keep in the drawers.

Both are easy to cut to size and I got them at BB&B. Neither one has a sticky side; you just cut them and put them in place. And they are washable. The cushy ones can actually go in the washing machine; and I just rinse off the clear ones when I'm doing spring cleaning.