Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash Preview Ann Sacks Lucian in Slate

Posted by lucas_tx (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 20:24

2x12 glass subways
Grout is Fusion Pro Linen

Always hard to get color right in the photos but this is the closest. I think the grout has more tan color than this, need to grab some during daylight.

We're 99.99% finished now but really busy at work so will do a full reveal when I get more time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash Preview Ann Sacks Lucian in Slate

Very nice color. Looks great with your granite. What are the dimensions of the tile? I'm not overly fond of regular subway tile, but this looks longer and not a thin as pencil tile.

o

Love it and can't wait to see more :-)

o

Thanks.

It's 2" x 12" subway.

o

Gorgeous!!! I especially love 2 x 12 subway. The tile enhances the granite. What kind of granite is it--it is beautiful. Can't wait to see more photos!

o

That looks awesome - especially in combination with your granite!

Just beautiful!

Can not WAIT to see more!

o

The granite is Golden Cascade. It actually has really nice grey veins, as well as the rust color, they just aren't as evident in that one small slice.

There is another thread with some pictures of it going in if anyone is interested.

I'll try to get myself together and post more later.

Thanks for the kind words.

Also, I wanted this tile because I wanted a very linear look and was looking for a long, narrow subway. I got very lucky that this was one of what Ann Sacks calls their "basic" line, instead of $150/ft it's only around $15. So don't be afraid of the price if you like.

o

Drooling....it's going to be beautiful!

o

This might be a silly question, but is this gloss or matte?

o

Ooh, I really like how it picks out the color in the granite but isn't a safe choice like tan or beige.

Beautiful!

o

Gloss

o

lucas_tx, I'm loving your sneak peek! From this little sample, it seems like you really captured a complementary color--interesting but not competing with your granite. Fabulous!

And, that is so great to know about the Ann Sacks "budget" options! I never would have thought it, but after I saw your post I checked it out and they actually have a not-tiny "AS Basics" collection. Now if I can just keep myself from straying over to the $$$ options...

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks

o

That is amazing!!

o

Here's one more.

o

Wow, that looks great.

Those AS basics are amazingly nice for the price, aren't they?

o

Everything goes together beautifully!!!

o

Thanks all.

We're pleased. We did things one step at time which might not work for everyone but it worked well for us.

Full reveal soon, I promise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here