Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
floor plans for dummies program?

Posted by fallingwaters (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 20:21

i'm dying to play with a new floorplan idea i have and want to try it on the laptop instead of a sketch pad.
and of course that way i can get the fabulous input of you guys too!
but i'm barely computer functional and need extremely basic how to. even using some terminology stops me dead in my tracks.
any good ones i can download for free? i'm not even positive that's the right term, but i think it might be.
though if there is one really worth it i'll go to staples tomorrow and buy it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: floor plans for dummies program?

Have you tried Sketch Up?

o

If SketchUp isn't working for you (I couldn't get the hang of it, especially for decent 3Ds), you might try the least expensive Chief Architect design program you can find. I find them much more user friendly.

Here is the full info, but don't let the listed price scare you. Amazon has it for $35.
http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/home-designer-essentials/

Here is a link that might be useful: Downloadable version of Home Designer Essentials

o

SmartDraw VP is my preference. They have a 7 day free trial for you to play around with it and see if it works for you. It was very easy to learn and use and allows for floor plans as well as elevations.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Smart Draw VP Site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here