Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How To Insert A Pic?

Posted by lynninnewmexico (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 07 at 20:11

Would someone please tell me in simple, basic English how to insert a pic into a post here . . . please? And, please, please don't give me a link to the how-to for this site. (Sigh!)As savvy as I am doing many things on the computer, I have an extremely hard time reading most computer directions written by computer geeks; I couldn't seem to make the directions posted by GW work for me (insert a very red face here). Simple "1,2,3 and you're done" directions would be very (very) much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How To Insert A Pic?

Do you have a PC or a Mac?

o

Rats, Lynninnewmexico!! I wrote the FAQ picture posting instructions and thought they were clear. Apparently not.

How do I embed pictures in my post?
Your picture needs first to live somewhere on the Internet. Then you enter its address code in your message and the picture appears in your thread. Photobucket is one easy and widely used photo-storing site. You can open a free account at Photobucket.com. Then move pictures there from your digital camera or computer. Each then will have its own Internet address. To post the easy way, you:
First make your picture smaller by clicking on edit, then resize, select web size for a regular size and message board for larger to show more detail.
Copy the HTML tag below the picture (looks like >ahref =)
Paste that tag into your message.
Check the preview to be sure the picture is there and sized correctly (try refreshing if the resizing isnt showing.)

But you can help. Please, please, tell me what part doesn't make sense to you and I will change it on the FAQ. And just in case it was some other instructions, here's the link to the hopefully helpful solely-for-Kitchen-Forum FAQ.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Forum FAQ

o
RE: RE:How To Insert A Pic?

Me again. Is this better?

How do I embed pictures in my post?
1. Open a free account at Photobucket.com or a similar 'storage site'.

2. Move pictures off your hard drive or camera by clicking 'download' and identifying the picture(s) you want to move from your camera or hard drive.

3. Once the pictures are there in Photobucket, do the Happydance part 1.

4. Select and resize a picture, by clicking on 'edit' above the picture, then 'resize', then 'website' for medium or 'message board' for large. (skip this step and your picture will post giant and make everyone reading the thread have to scroll to the right forever. Not cool.)

5. Under your picture, find and copy the HTML tag in the box marked HTML (looks like >ahref =...).

6. Back at your post, copy that tag right into the body of your message.

7. Check the preview to besure the picture is there and sized OK. Do the happy dance part 2.

Better?? Should I explain how to copy and paste? What would help make it clearer?

o

May I add a tip or 2. If you are using Microsoft Office 2003, use MS Office Picture Manager to resize and/or compress a batch of photos at one time. Personally, I mostly use compression which retains the photo quality better than resizing them.

Compressing or Resizing on your computer is much faster to upload the photos to Photobucket and you wouldn't need to use Photobucket to do it one by one. You can skip step 4 and be ready for step 5.

Here's how... Open 1 of your photo in MS Office Picture Manager. Once opened, use the thumbnail icon (4 squares icon) at the top left side, right below the menu, to enable to see all the photos in that same folder.

Select all the photos you want to compress by holding the CTRL key (or Shift if they're in a sequence row) and click on the photo.

At the top menu, select Picture and then, "Compress pictures". On the right side, a menu will pop up. You will have 3 selections of sizes to compress: Documents, Web pages and E-mails. Chose one, you will see the file size it becomes at the bottom of that pop up menu. Once choose the desired size, select OK and do a "Save All" under the File menu (top left of screen) and voila... you're done!

Be awared that once you do a Save ALL, it will overide your original photos size. It's best to create a new folder and copy the photos to the new folder so you don't override your original photos.

Also, with 1 photo, play around with the different compress sizes to familiarize before doing a batch of photos. If you don't like a size, you can "undo" and reselect another size.

Do the same if you'd like to resize. "Resize" is also under the "Pictures" menu. On the right side pop up menu, select a size in the "Predefined width x height" selections; or, you may chose to use the 2 options below it. Again, once you've chosen the size, click OK and do a Save All.

Now that you've saved sometimes, you can spend more times on this forum! Have fun!

o

1. Open a free account with photobucket or other photo hosting site.
2. Using Photobucket as an example, go to "My album" in photobucket, click on one of the boxes labeled "browse" (there are 3) at the top of the page. This will cause a box to open that says "file upload". This is where you locate your photo on your computer. Can't help you with that unless you tell us what type of software you have on your computer. But find your photo, click on it then click "open". You will be back in photobucket,
3. now click the box that says "upload" and it will tell you when the photo has completed being copied to photobucket and then you will be able to see the photo in a little box in Photobucket. Every time you go to photobucket and click on "My Album" the same photo will be there.
4. Under the photo in photobucket are three lines that say "EMAIL", "Direct Link", "HTML Tag", and "IMG Code". Next to the phrase "HTML Tag" is a box. click on that box and copy what is inside it by highlighting it. If you don't know how to copy and paste let us know, as well as what you have for widows, (Widows 98, Windows XP, etc) and we can help you with that also.
5. Now you ar ready to put the photo in a post here. Come to the forum and write your message like you usually do. When you come to the part where you want to insert your photo, enter to start on a new line, then paste by right clicking on that spot where you want the photo and highlighting "paste" or click on that spot and then click on "file" at the top of the page and then "paste".
6. Finish you post if you want to write more.
7. Hit "Preview Message" and your message should appear with the photo in it. If it doesn't, go back and try again to see what you might have missed or done wrong. If you don't see the photo when you hit "Preview Message", it won't show up in your post and we won't see it, either.

Hope this helps.

Sue

o
more RE: How To Insert A Pic?

Celtic Moon, your instructions are very clear to me. I learned a lot from my parents, though, that sometimes we assume too much. To people who find computers hard to understand, and esp as people get older and learning new things and remembering them comes harder, terms we take for granted are like foreign languages. They might not know how to highlight, how to copy and paste, or understand terms like "address code". They might not know how to get an "internet address" for a photo, or what an "HTML TAG" is or where to find it or how to get one. I found my parents trying to copy a long address character by character and invariably not getting the address right because of a typo or omission or something. I would use phrases like some of yours and be told "I have not idea what you are talking about or what you just said". My parents are 65-70 and so not that old, but just didn't grow up with computers or spend enough time in the workplace using them to be proficient. Heck, it was in the last 10 years that I was sent by my office for training in windows 98, and how to use a mouse and copy and paste and click and drag. A lot of people only know enough to get to a few web pages they like and do a simple search on the internet.

Your instructions are good. Peoples level of knowledge just vary so greatly, you can't know just how much instruction a particular person needs. I just wish people would give a little more information when they ask a question. I don't know if they have a pc or a mac, windows 98se, xp or even vista. Many need to start with click by click instructions, which is impossible to do if you don't know what software they are working with.

So don't get frustrated,

Sue

o

I just went through learning this last week. What confused me was that I thought I was supposed to copy that link into one of the long, skinny boxes UNDERNEATH the 'Message' box--the two boxes there say Optional Link URL or Name of the Link.

Celticmoon, Sue and ntt hou posted were right. Just be sure you copy and paste into the actual message box. You can just type in something brief, like:
"Please see my picture below and comment on it" and on the next line is where you would copy and paste the link to your picture. Good luck.

o

Thanks sue.

But are you suggesting that photo instructions might have to include an explanation of what "copy" means so folks don't literally type copy letter by letter (e.g. highlight, right click, click on 'copy' in drop down, etc...). Do I then have to explain 'highlight'? Where does it end, LOL?? Yikes. I opted to explain the parts I thought were most elusive, like "copy the HTML tag in the box marked HTML (looks like >ahref =...)". But I see even that could be clearer now that I'm staring at it. I'm gonna go tweak the photo embedding instructions. Sue, may I add in your info on resizing all your pictures?

Lynneinnewmexico: You are the test case. What level do you suggest this info be pitched at? Does the above original version do it for you? Or the second? Where you you get hung up?

o

4. Under the photo in photobucket are three lines that say "EMAIL", "Direct Link", "HTML Tag", and "IMG Code".
I don't know what happened with my Photo bucket account but a while back it must have updated itself or something. (I'm not computer savvy...can you tell that yet?) Anyway, after it 'changed' I now have 4 lines below each pic.
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code

After my account changed I found if I left clicked on the actual words "HTML Tag" that a little yellow box popped up that said "copied". Then I paste the conventional way by left clicking the mouse and choosing paste.

I so agree with what Sue_ct said. I remember being told to open a free P bucket account and put the pics I wanted to post in my account there. That in itself was a chore for me. I know now it is simple...but didn't know that until I actually was able to upload the first pic. I was on dial up and I had no idea that it was still working and working uploading just one pic. Once I got one done I had the confidence that I could do it again.

Additionally, I frequented the Test Forum here until I got comfortable with posting a single pic, multiple pics, and with using the Optional Link URL box.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Test Forum

o

OK here's the new, even more broken down version:

"How do I embed a picture in my post?
Your picture needs first to live somewhere on the Internet. Then you type the pictures Internet address into your message and the picture appears right in your post in the spot where you typed that address code. Heres how to do it - explained step by step for those new to posting. (Quick and dirty version for advanced users to be added soon):

-First get your pictures into the Internet: Photobucket is one free, easy and widely used photo-storing site. There are others but well go with this one. Go to Photobucket.com. and open a free account. Your home page is My Album. There are long blank boxes on the right with browse buttons next to them. Click on browse and poke around to find the picture on your hard drive or (connected) camera drive. Click one to select it, and the browse button is replaced by a red remove , and a tiny version of your picture appears to the left. You can give your picture a title in the box if you like. Next click on the upload button just below. Site will tell you upload is occuring. Then you should be able to scroll down and see the picture living in your Internet album. Continue to move pictures from your digital camera or from your computer. Each then will have its own Internet address.

-Next resize your picture: This is important etiquette - otherwise your picture will post giant and make people have to scroll to the right to read every line of the thread. Not cool. So be nice and resize your picture first. Above your picture in Photobucket, click on the blue edit button. This opens a window with your picture. Above the picture, click on resize. Select websize for a regular size and message board for larger to show more detail. Confirm in the popup warning box. You should see your picture resized.

-Post the picture in your message: Go to your picture in Photobucket. Look on the right for four boxes, each with computer code related to your picture. The third one down is the HTLM tag that looks like >ahref =http Copy that line of code and paste it right into the body of your message on the Kitchen Forum. Not into the boxes at the bottom, right into the messsage you are typing.
Check if it worked: Click on the Preview button to see your message. That address code should have been replaced with the actual picture. If the sizing isnt right try clicking your refresh button. Sometimes Photobucket is slow. "

Better?

Here is a link that might be useful: Edited FAQ on posting pictures

o

Thank you . . . yes, those instructions are much better! I was confused about inserting the "HTLM tag" right into the message. I was trying to post something down at the bottom into one of the boxes. I was also trying to insert pics like I do on the Great Impressions site, where it's very quick and easy . . . and very different than how I need to post pics here! I, just now, opened an account at Photo Bucket (thank you for that advice!); they really do make it easy. Thanks again for all your help. And, just to practice, I'm going to try and insert a pic of my ready-to-be-demolished kitchen below.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

celticmoon, instead of the "greater than" bracket that you're using, try using &lt; . That's ampersand l t semicolon. It'll render as the "<" you want without being interpreted. (Only preview it once, though, because it'll get processed differently the second time.)

o
RE: How To Insert A Pic? - Shutterfly Users

I'm a fairly loyal shutterfly user and don't want to have to transfer my pics to photobucket or others - are you aware of how to insert/embed a pic that's posted on a shutterfly account. I can post the link to "albums" just fine but can't figure out how to actually embed individual pics. Thanks in advance!

o

mnhockymom, within Shutterfly, can you find a tag for your picture that looks kinda like

>ahref=http....

That's the code that tells garden web to go get, and where to go get, your picture. Try a practice on the test forum in chemocurl's post above.

PS thanks vjrnts! assuming it works....

PPS Whoops! It didn't on preview. So I'll use my backwards version.

o

Hockeymomn, I'm one that also does not want to transfer pics to Photobucket - tried that and it wouldn't post them in order, so I gave up. I can do a link to my photos on Tripod, but can't get the img src way to work.

img src="http://donnabrassea.tripod.com/kitchen/index.album/our-tile?i=47" , using the brackets of course, doesn't come out with anything except a little square where the picture should be...sigh....

DonnaR/CA

o

In the meantime, Lynninnewmexico just POSTED A PIC! YAY FOR LYNN! ::applause::

It's hard the first time, and sometimes I still struggle! Congrats! I'm saving the instructions for the next time I have to do it. I keep thinking I need to use the IMG thingie on Photobucket for some reason...

Lynn, your kitchen is kinda cute, make sure to tell us exactly what is getting demolished and why.

Emmie

o

DonnaR - so glad to hear it's not just me - I consider myself somewhat tech savvy but embedding pics on here from Shutterfly has me stumped.

o

If you right click on an image using Firefox as your browser, one of the options is to "Copy image location". You can then use the HTML code as follows to embed that image in your post

Type < then img src="(then right click and paste the copied location here without the round brackets)" and close with a >. No spaces except between img and src.

That will work for images in all locations including Shutterfly.

o

CelticMoon, The second version was easier to understand. Thanks again for those directions. Following them, I had no problem . . . although I had to keep reminding myself to resize before posting.
Emmie, regarding our present kitchen, it may look ok, but up close you can see the cracks, sagging cabinet doors, finish half off, huge dings and repairs, etc. All cabs have to be replaced as the wood used (by lousy cabinet maker) was the softest pine imaginable. The wood doors and frames are too soft to hold the screws in place for long and we repair and/or tighten every Saturday morning. In the reno (tear out starts 10/1) ceilings, beams, adobe walls, brick floors and wrap-around windows will say. Window over desk goes along with all cabs and island. The floorplan will change a lot and we're getting a peninsula instead of another island.

o

Just tried a test in the test forum and got the same result that DonnaR got with the little square appearing instead of my picture. I'll show you what I mean:

o
RE: How To Insert A Pic? - Whoa, it worked!

That is so odd - it didn't work in the test forum and yet it worked here!! My heart nearly stopped when I saw that come up!

Thank you Celtic Moon and Loves2Cook4Six!!!!

o

My turn, let me try!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A close up "macro view" of St. Cecilia!

THANKS so much for helping!!!

Now I can post pictures!

o

I'm a loyal Shutterfly user as well and it seems that the tags aren't at all easy to find on their site. I haven't been able to post anything but a link from Shutterfly. So because Photobucket is so simple and actually lists all the tags you need, I just quickly upload the pictures I want to embed in my posts on their site. Having to hunt for the pictures to upload them is sometimes a pain but it's all fairly quick and if you compress them to web size before uploading, the uploading is VERY fast.
HTH,
Robin

o

If you've got pics in Shutterfly, you right click on your pic, up comes a menu and you choose Properties - then a popup comes up with all the data info - in there you will see the http tag which you cut and paste within the img src text that was posted above in another reply and that should do it!

Listen to me, like I'm the pro, I managed one pic!

o

thanks, celticmoon! I followed your second set of directions in a different post and they worked great!

o

celticmoon , sorry, I missed your post in reply to mine. Copy and use whatever you like. As you noted, there is no way to know the skill and comfort level every person has with computers. Yes, that means some don't know how to "copy and paste" or what "highlight" means in the way we use it, or how to do it. Nothing we can do about it, except to be aware of it so we know what questions to ask to try to help people who are still having problems after reading the "how to post a photo" section. If you really wanted to be thorough, you could add at the end of it, "if you are still having problems posting photos or find these instructions difficult to understand, please see the section "computers 101"... or whatever, and define the processes and terms in your instructions. The terms and processes I think most likely to present problems are "cut and paste" "copy" "copy and paste" "hightlight" and the different tag lines. Anyway, you don't have to include any of that. It is not a reflection on you or your directions that some people have don't have basic computer skills. I was just trying to point out that they don't.

My counting skills left much to be desired that day I posted, of coarse "EMAIL and IM" "Direct Link" "HTML Tag" and "IMG Code" are FOUR lines, not THREE in photobucket. :) Sorry.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah and whoopee that you guys were able to post photos!

So this thread and celticmoons instructions are proven effective, according to 3 out of 4 users!

Sue

o

Bumping this up before it drops off. (Don't have time to read it all right now.)

o

Well, since I initially started this thread, I'd like to just say "Thank you!" to CelticMoon. Thanks for your thoughtful, nonjudgemental, easy-to-follow directions. As you can see from all the grateful replies here, your kindness has helped many new GW's including myself, and you are much appreciated for it.

o

bump

o

I'd like to add some things.

(1)    Photobucket now has the following 4 labels:
          Email & IM
          Direct Link
          HTML Code
          IMG Code

HTML Code is the one you want (it used to say HTML Tag, I think)

(2)    When resizing, resize so the the dimensions (pixels) are less than 600 in both directions (less than 500 is even better)

(3)    Sometimes when someone posts a picture it's not visible to others because the album is not "Public". If others report they cannot see your posted picture, check the visibility of your album. In Photobucket:

Click on Account Options in the upper right hand corner of the screen (underneath the advertisement)

Next, look down the page until you see "Album Settings" (it should be in the third section)

Look for the line: This album is
It should say This album is public
If it says private, then do the following:
Where it says:
Album Settings (edit my album settings)

Click on: edit my album settings

The first section is: Change Album Settings

Under "My album is:", click on the drop down box and choose Public

Now, look down a few lines on the right and click the Save button

You should now see (at the top): Your information has been successfully saved

To return, click on the "My Album" tab

[Tabs look like manila folder or notebook divider tabs and go across the top with a label in each tab...in this case there are 3 main tabs: Home, My Album, Find Stuff]

HTH!

o
Don't try to be too fancy....!!

Sorry everyone! Apparently a "non breaking space" code works in preview but not submit! I was trying to insert multiple spaces! Here it is without the attempt to be fancy!! :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd like to add some things.

(1) Photobucket now has the following 4 labels:

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

HTML Code is the one you want (it used to say HTML Tag, I think)

(2) When resizing, resize so the the dimensions (pixels) are less than 600 in both directions (less than 500 is even better)

(3) Sometimes when someone posts a picture it's not visible to others because the album is not "Public". If others report they cannot see your posted picture, check the visibility of your album. In Photobucket:

Click on Account Options in the upper right hand corner of the screen (underneath the advertisement)

Next, look down the page until you see "Album Settings" (it should be in the third section)

Look for the line: This album is
It should say This album is public
If it says private, then do the following:
Where it says:
Album Settings (edit my album settings)

Click on: edit my album settings

The first section is: Change Album Settings

Under "My album is:", click on the drop down box and choose Public

Now, look down a few lines on the right and click the Save button

You should now see (at the top): Your information has been successfully saved

To return, click on the "My Album" tab

[Tabs look like manila folder or notebook divider tabs and go across the top with a label in each tab...in this case there are 3 main tabs: Home, My Album, Find Stuff]

HTH!

o

celtic moon
thanks so much for your post on 9/11. I have tried and tried to post pics but couldn't until I read that post. I just inserted a pic in the knobs vs pulls thread. That was a big accomplishment for me - computer challenged as I am. Thanks again. And here is a pic just because I can.
our pup Mr. Clay Cable

o

Testing. Trying to insert a photo.

MY BACKSPLASH: Photobucket

o

I would like to post a pdf of a drawing instead. Can that be inserted? Photobucket won't recognize it as a valid extension.

o

Someone recently posted a link to a PDF via a different site, but I don't remember who. What I do, though, is print the PDF, take a digital picture of it, and then upload the picture from my camera.

HTH!

o

How do you post multiple pics in one post??

o

Just paste in the HTML code (>ahref=...) for each picture.

o

bump

o

My turn to learn ! thanks for the instructions
Photobucket

o

And, if you have a photo for example on a store website- how do you save it to photobucket to show as an image here without having to to just list it in the optional link thing?

Here is a link that might be useful: sample faucet

o

Bump ----and a yes

Yes Yes that is my question too! I have now mastered posting my photos from photobucket but how do I get the photos to show up of ferinstance some lights I am considering?

o

Sorry this has taken a while for me to see and get back to you about, but I have had a few things going on. Anyway, if you have a photo you want to save from a website, go to the website and bring up the photo, put your cursor over it and right click on your mouse. Then click on "save image as" from the list that pops up. A "save image" window will appear. Make a note of the "save in" box at the top and the "file name" box towards the bottom of the new window, this will tell you what the photo will be called and where to find it on your computer. Usually "desktop" pops up and that is an easy place to find it, so you don't have to change it. If you want, rename it in the box at the bottom so you know what it is later, or leave it the same and just click on "save" in the box at the bottom right of the window. Now the photo is saved on your computer. Just go to photobucket, upload the photo from your computer the way you always do, and then post it here.

Hope this helps if you haven't already gotten the instructions from someone else.

Sue

o

Is is possible to post photos that live only in my computer rather than take up residence on the internet? I have very shy photos.

o

No, bluekitobsessed. The picture has to live on the Web.

Beacause the photo itself isn't really here in the posts, just its Web address is here with a 'go get it' command. Your computer responds to all that lickety split and downloads the picture for you to see on your screen. Each time.

Which is why if someone moves or removes a picture in Photobucket it will no longer pop up on the thread. Cause the address is no good anymore.

HTH

o

BUMP

o

My trial run. Hope this works!:

o
RE: Didn't work for me.

Darnit, it didn't work.
1) I typed in the < img src = "
(with spaces only after img)
2) and then I cut & pasted the URL where the pic is
3) then I typed >

What did I do wrong?

o

bump

o

I think your problem in step 3 is that you need an ending quote following your URL as in: ">

o

Still can't get it to work, but thanks for trying to help me glassman. So frustrating!

o
RE: Take 3!

I broke down and opened a Photobucket account - hoping that it would make it easier. Here's (another) try at it!
Thanks for the help, and the patience. :)

Design,Design

o
Finally!

Whoopie! It worked!

---Boxie

o

You know, Celticmoon was such a sweetie to have explained this to me/us so well, so simply and so graciously. Her suggestion to open a PhotoBucket account made everything a lot easier, too. Once I got the hang of it, I bookmarked this
" Where I copy all my links to use here"
in my Garden Web file folder in my Favorites. Now I can quickly go in and copy the "starter" for inserting a pic or a link, and then just insert my own info into it and I'm done.

o

Thanks for all the detailed instructions. Are there any major differences when using a Mac?

o

Now my turn

o

bump

o

Bump!

o

ntt_hou: Thanks for the instructions on compressing photos! New laptop, new photo software and I couldn't figure it out. Now I can do it - Yay!

o

Could someone please explain to this computer challenged person, how to copy these directions without copying the entire thread, and using up a whole tree?? ;)

o
photobucket no longer working for me.....

Hi all! I've been using the photobucket instructions and successfully posting pictures for about three months.

But this last week I haven't been able to post any?????

Everytime I copy and paste the message board link it shows up in my message as a typed message board link. (I prefer it in the body of the message). When I copy it in the box that says "optional link URL" the same thing happens. No picture, just the typed link.

I know I hate taking the time to copy and paste other peoples typed URL'S, especially when I'm using my laptop and it's not so easy to maneuver. What's the solution? Get out of photobucket and into Webshots? I wish I could make photobucket work since that's where all my stuff is already downloaded. Advice, please!

o

Selfishly bumping for an answer to my question, as I will need to post some pics soon.

o

Softfurn, When you find the directions that seem the clearest to you, make sure you already have a Word document open that you can copy into. (I hope that makes sense!)
Now, using your mouse or cursor, starting at the end of the paragraph you want to copy, hold down your Left hand mouse button and Highlight all the text you want to copy. You can drag your cursor up the page until you get all that you want. Then, release the Left cursor and Right click your mouse on the highlighted area. There will be a 'drop-down' box. Go down to the word 'copy' and Right click on copy.

Got that? You may need to play with the highlighting a little if you haven't done this before. And I like to start at the end of the info just because it's easier that way for me.

Now, click open your window to the Word document. At this point, you can either put your cursor in the beginning of the word document, Right click, and another box will come up, this time with the word 'paste' to highlight. Click on 'paste' and the info will copy into word. Then you can print the doc.
Or, if you want to use the computer keys for this instead of the mouse, after you get the info highlighted, leaving your cursor in the highlighted area, hold down Control and C, this will Copy the highlighted area. Then, to put it into word, hold down Control and V. 'V' is your 'paste' key on the computer.

How are ya doin??

Red

o
Bumping for Softfurn

So, are you ready to post a photo?

Red

o

Thanks for the explanation Red. I forgot to check back to see if anyone answered. I'll have to practice this before I can post. I've managed to get my friends to post for me on other forums. Guess I can't get away with that any longer. I hate when I get busted!

o

Bump for young 2008.

o

This is a test. OK. So it's a little large. It took me 6 hours to figure out how to do this! Now what?
current kitchen

o

bump

o

So how do I resize this??? Also, how do I go about putting more than one picture in the same thread? Is there some sort of short cut??

o

Did you use Photobucket? If so, you resize it in photobucket. Go to your album in photobucket, above each photo it says " edit : move : tag : share : delete " Click on "edit". Once the page loads, click on "resize" at the top. Then click on the arrows next to "preset sizes" and you will see options. Choose the option "message board 640 x 480". Then click "apply". The resized photo will appear in your message. DO NOT change the name or anything else about the photo or it will change the photo address and it will no longer show up in your message. If you go back to your message the new size photo should show up. If not, you may need to refresh or reload the page on your computer to see the change. Try it and see, let us know if you have a problem.

Sue

o

Acurrent kitchennother test to see if the resizing worked. I still need to find out how to post more than one picture in a thread, if anyone can help, please??? I need to design my kitchen asap!

o

Bump

o

Bump to help softfurn who needs help finding out how to post more than one picture in a thread, please

o

aflac

o

To help keep this at the top for others and to ask a question. If I understood what I read here one can either compress the photo before posting to Photobucket or one can resize once the photo resides in PB. Am I understanding correctly that if I compress the photo I don't need to resize? And depending on the answer is one way better than the other?

Thanks for the directions and the help.

o

Excellent thread and much needed! Bump!!

o

testing

o

Bump. I think there are a lot of new people who could use this. Consider printing it out, mainly the first several pages, if you don't need it now. Keep it in your kitchen folder and when you are done and want to show us you will still have it. Just in case it goes away, which it probably will eventually when it has reached its maximum number of posts.

Sue

o

Thanks...this is most definitely very useful info!

Anita :-)

o

After reading this post earlier today, I was able to post my first pics!Beautiful sheetrock counters
I'm still learning, but thanks to everyone who contributed to these wonderful instructions!

o

just testing ...
New kitchen 1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here