Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
design40_gw

Newport Brass Fairfield Faucet Quality

design40
9 years ago

We are planning a new kitchen, and I was considering the Newport Brass Fairfield Bridge faucet. After talking with 2 different kitchen planners, they both independently reassured me that the quality of this brand/faucet was worth the price.

As is usually the case - after the fact, I've seen 1-2 horror stories about the brand online, though I think this is the case for all brands of household fixtures. One review said that Newport Brass's parent company wasn't a member of the BBB any longer. I checked and most other faucet manufacturers are not as well..which probably makes sense, given that thousands of their products are sold monthly, and some of those will not be such a positive experience, finding their way eventually to the BBBs.

Just finding it hard to believe that if the quality were that bad, why are most kitchen/bath design showrooms resting their reputations on a company that is supposedly that bad with their quality? The showrooms in my area are all representing Newport Brass as being a near comparable purchase to many of the Rohl faucets.

Anybody have any recent (2014) experiences with Newport Brass kitchen faucets? thanks

Comments (6)

• 1929Spanish
    9 years ago

We've had the Chesterfield for over two years in brushed stainless. It's been great. I found ours new on ebay for a fraction of the price.

• design40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just wondering, seems strange that there are basically no recent reviews out there while most plumbing showrooms now are recommending the Newport Brass faucets side-by-side with the Rohl faucets in quality.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

I have Newport Brass fixtures in three bathrooms; lavs, tubs, and showers. They've all been in since the late '80s/early '90s, when I did much renovation on our house. No problems with any of them at all, function or looks.
    Mine are chrome finish, and look pretty much the same as they did 20+ years ago

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

I used Newport Brass in my bathrooms and love them. They are fairly new but they feel good and look great. I wouldn't worry too much about the quality--I think they are good. Heck, I had a Costco non-branded faucet once that outlasted the expensive nice one!

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    9 years ago

Newport Brass faucets are made by Brasstech, Inc. a company owned by Masco. Masco also owns Brizo, Delta and Peerless faucets, and has a controlling interest in the German faucet company, Hansgrohe.

Brasstech does not manufacture faucets, and has not for some time. It designs and engineers the faucets, but has the component parts cast and machined in China. These are then shipped to Brasstech's facility in Santa Ana, California where they are assembled into faucets, finished, boxed and shipped. Because the final assembly occurs in the U.S., and the final assembly is "transformational", the faucets are entitled under FTC rules to be labeled "Assembled in U.S.A.", but not "Made in U.S.A.". Most Brizo and Delta faucets are, by contrast, actually "Made in U.S.A.

We rate the overall quality of the faucets as good to very good, but not excellent. The company's faucet warranty is sub-standard.

For more information on over 70 faucets companies, see our Faucet Reviews & Ratings.

• rockymayflower
    8 years ago

We purchased the Newport Brass Fairfield Bridge Faucet in March 2015. it was installed by a reputable plumber, but about a few weeks after installation, the clip that connects the hose to the faucet blew off, and water sprayed all over our new kitchen floor. Thankfully someone was home to shut off the water feed, but it could have been disastrous. Our plumber asked us to pick a new product, or he couldn't guarantee his work. I have looked all over trying to see if anyone else has had this same issue.