Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Breezy!!

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

Hey Breezy, what's the latest on the back splash? Did I miss it? I feel as though I'm missing a lot lately.

Did you get my special gift from A2? :)

Bee

Comments (21)

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

bump

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Bump

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

no Breezy?

:(

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

bump - maybe she's busy with install!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Bee- she did get her gift
    Breezy- you can't hide forever :-)

• friedajune
    10 years ago

Did you try emailing Breezy through her GW Member Page?

Here is a link that might be useful: Breezygirl's GW Member Page

• aloha2009
    10 years ago

Giving this one more run.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Hi Bee and everyone! How have y'all been?

I did get your gift. A2's special delivery was fabulous! (Thanks again, A2) Wanna see it?

The tile is just as yummy and beautiful in my hand IRL as I imagined it would be. Unfortunately, you can see that it just doesn't work in my kitchen like it does in yours. I'm sad, but it lets me cross this off the "if only" tile list. Thanks for sending it along. It was a special surprise.

I took some time this summer to look over the tile suggestions from my tile thread earlier this year. I got a couple of samples, including a Fireclay I thought might be just right, but none worked in every light. Then I had the chance to visit the Pratt and Larson mothership showroom in Portland. I brought home a color sample I think is probably the one. It's a crackle from their watercolor series. The light gray color with greenish undertones is exactly what EAM44 and others were suggesting.

The color is much better IRL. I can't capture it well on the ipad. Go figure. :) Its not as dark as in this one either.

I was promised samples of this in the 6x12 oversized sub format I think might be best with an arrival date of prior to Thanksgiving. It's still not here. So far I'm not impressed with P and L customer service. Current ETA is the middle of this week. I'll post some pics of it in a new thread when it gets here as the old thread reached limit.

Hope you're doing well!

• ControlfreakECS
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update, Breezy! I think that tile color looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the larger format. Keep us posted and have a wonderful holiday!

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

I mentioned in my BS thread that I drooled when I had the P & L tile in my hand; the color was so rich. You are so lucky to visit the Portland store. I probably wold have walked out with bowls and serving platters.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Yay - nice to take a break with the family but glad you are back. I thought perhaps you were busy tiling away. ;)

I like the crackle - it looks really nice! Subtle but not plain. Enough interest but not so much it fights your counters. Of course just my layman's opinion as I am no expert whatsoever!

• angela12345
    10 years ago

Welcome back. Missed "seeing" you around !

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Yay Breezy's back!!!

I have crackle tile and am a huge fan. It gives life and oomph without making a big deal of itself.

• kalapointer
    10 years ago

Hi Breezy, I have P & L Watercolor tiles and I really like them. Mine are more green then what you are looking at. I bought them through a tile shop in Sequim, so I didn't deal with P & L directly. Make sure to seal them before grouting.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Breezy! Hope all is well out in the PNW.

Missed seeing you around here, but I haven't been around too much lately either. Drop me a line sometime.

Bee

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

kalapointer-did you have any problems with the grout getting in the cracks of the crackle upon install? Or with cooking splatters straining the cracks in the tile?

One of the tile shops I visited mentioned that as a precautionary beware and I wondered if you had that experience.

• kalapointer
    10 years ago

Autumn, I did not had any problems with the grout getting into the cracks of the glaze. You must use a sealer on the tile before you grout and that will keep the cracks clean. I haven't had any problems with staining either. The tile is very easy to keep clean.
    Here is a close up of the crackle.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

kalapointer - thank you! And oh my - crackle tile is so striking. It is even more beautiful close up!

We installed a tumbled slate tile in our last house and I sealed it twice before installing it. When we installed and grouted, it was tough getting the grout out of the natural divets (for lack of a better word). I am guessing because this is smooth it's much easier.

What kind of grout did you use if I may ask?

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Breezy- I missed your earlier post. I love your choice.
    Are you still going with this tile?

• AnnaA
    10 years ago

Breezy, sounds like you are close. Can't wait for the reveal!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I can't wait for the reveal also with the finished backsplash! I love Breezy's kitchen so far!