Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blonde1125

NOW it'd finished!

blonde1125
12 years ago

First of all, I hope the pictures I posted show up. It's been a while since I posted and it seems a little different than I remember.

I haven't been on here a lot lately, but I must admit that a year ago when we were in the midst of our renovation I was on this site several times a day! All of you that post on this site were such a wonderful source of ideas an inspiration. We almost finished the kitchen about 10 months ago. But now it is finally finished with window treatments and the new tile that just went in last week.

While my kitchen is not as large or grand as some, I am truly thankful for my larger more usable space.

Here is a rundown of what we did:

Bumped out the back wall 5 feet

Reconfigured the whole room

Added an eliptical window in the new space

Changed the floor from tile to hardwood

Repositioned the windows

Added in ceiling speakers and a sound system

Enlarged the entrance way from 3 feet to 5 feet

The details

Custom Amish made cabinets painted in SW Casa Blanca

Giallo Ornamental granite

Sonoma tile in Stallar Candlelight glaze

Electrolux counter depth french door refrigerator

Kitchen aid DW

Bosch Dual fuel range

Bosch MW

Amerock Allison hardware

Delta Leland faucet

60/40 sink ( I can't remember the mfgr)

Walls SW Blonde

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiled kitchen

Comments (26)

• Mercymygft
    12 years ago

Wow very pretty!! Congratulations!

• chiefy
    12 years ago

I love it! Can I ask details- how big is your corner sink base and how big is the cab between the sink and DW?

I'm thinking of doing a corner and trying to figure out what might work.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Grand shmand! Your kitchen might not be huge but it is a "sweet" kitchen, and has some nice details that make it just as special as some of the bigger kitchens. :-)

• suzanne_sl
    12 years ago

I love the fretwork (?) over the 'fridge! It's a lovely little detail.

• ynnej
    12 years ago

It's gorgeous. Love the floors- what kind of wood are they and what made you choose that wood?

• blonde1125
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Chiefy76, the corner sink cabinet is 42" with a 27" wide sink.
    The cabinet next to it is a 17" wide double trash pull out.
    ynnej, the floors are from Lumber Liquidators and are Golden Teak Acacia. And no I would never get them again. While I love the color, the quality is terrible and LL will not stand behind their product.

• Lori Ryan
    12 years ago

What a beautiful transformation. I love the chandy over the sink. It is really sweet. Great job!

• elba1
    12 years ago

Nice - I like the tile work!

• ynnej
    12 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that, but good to know!

• palimpsest
    12 years ago

It looks great. How do you like your Bosch Dual Fuel?

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I think the overall look is lovely. I especially like the tile feature and the simplicity of the 4x4s on the diagonal. It just plain works so nicely that way.

Your arch window and the wt really dress up the space ;)

Well done!

• InteriorStylist
    12 years ago

Great job!!! YOWZA!!!

~Jeana

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Really nice. enjoy!

• blonde1125
    Original Author
    12 years ago

palimpsest, I really like the dual fuel. The oven is also convection which makes baking great. I have always had a gas range and don't know if I could cook on an electric! The only drawback is the glass top which isn't always as clean as I would like. But I will take it over the old white painted steel anyday!

• tinycastles
    12 years ago

Looks beautiful! It manages to be elegant, adorable, and cozy...that's no easy feat! Love the window treatments on your corner windows above sink. Deets, please:)

• kmmh
    12 years ago

It's great! Hope you are enjoying it!

• blonde1125
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. After living with the "before" kitchen for 20 years I am so thankful for the new space.
    Tinycastles the window treatment is a variation of the M'fay Moreland Valence.

• chicagoans
    12 years ago

So pretty! I really like the corner sink. With the chandy and window treatment it's very elegant.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

What a comfortable and beautiful space you have created. I like the little personal touches that you did - the lighting, the window covering and the space over the fridge.
    Do you like your GO counter. I have it as well and love it because it really reminds me of granite rock. (And crumbs get lost in the pattern)

• biochem101
    12 years ago

Love all the details! Very nicely finished.

As someone else said, cozy AND elegant at the same time.

:)

• Sherri Stein
    12 years ago

How do you like a corner sink? I'm moving my sink to the corner to get more counter space.

• blonde1125
    Original Author
    12 years ago

learningguru...I do like the corner sink. It means I get to look out 2 directions into the backyard! It does waste some counter space,but it was my only option since the fridge had to go in the other corner and that is the only outside wall area. It can get a little crowded at the sink with more than one person in the kitchen, but we make it work.

• frmrsdghtr
    12 years ago

beautiful! love it!

• tea4all
    12 years ago

What a lovely kitchen! It's bright yet serene. I love your drawer hardware and the display area over the frig. Everything flows together so nicely.

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Wow, that looks fantastic!

What a bright and beautiful space! I love it!

Congrats!

• bigjim24
    12 years ago

It's beautiful, and elegant, and very homey. I love your chandy, hardware, floor, cabs...it all works so well together. Enjoy!