Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachbum_gw

Where did you get your drawer organizers?

beachbum
15 years ago

I've seen some nice looking drawer organizers on here (silverware, knives, dishtowels etc) Perhaps they are all custom? But I'm guessing that there are more options than Bed Bath and Beyond which is what I've always used in the past.

Anyone want to share?

Comments (9)

• chefkev
    15 years ago

I've been obsessing over this recently. Besides a whole lot of web sites from places like cooking.com, kitchensource.com, spacesavers.com and organize.com, the Container Store is a really good place to see lots of options (if you have one anywhere near you) and many Targets have a semi-decent number of choices. Several GWers in the past have posted some very nice online places that do custom acrylic and custom wood dividers, but they are on the expensive side and I'm paranoid that after paying up for them I'll suddenly decide I want something different.

I'm currently leaning towards some of the OXO adjustable drawer dividers but am having the hardest time making up my mind. They look super functional, but being here on GW Kitchens may have spoiled me and I'm wishing they looked a little nicer. I'm interested to see what others post.

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

My birch organizer for silverware with 7 deep slots is from Ikea. It's a bit smaller than my drawer, but it was only $20. I just place more large serving spoons in the drawer next to the organizer. Worked out fine. My maple spice drawer organizer is from Rev-A-Shelf and was trimmable for a custom fit. I also purchased some knife organizers from Amazon.

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Ikea has some lovely ones, both the birch, and some nice "make to fit" metal/plastic ones. They're both really nice. And Costco has gorgeous bamboo ones in now, again, gorgeous :)

Mine came with my drawers (Which means I paid too mch for the drawers!) heh heh

• beachbum
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. We don't have an IKEA, but or a Crate and Barrel but I can look online.
    I also saw some nice ones in a Williams Sonoma Catalog (but couldn't find them online).
    If anyone else has ideas please share!

• sudiepav
    15 years ago

I love my bamboo ones from Costco. Each box was $25 and each outfitted 2 large drawers.

• jlab
    15 years ago

We had the adjustable ones and I did not like them at all!! They would move around all the time and the adjustable part would "adjust" when I did not want it to. So I got some from the container store and from space savers. You "score and snap" them to fit your drawer and you can make any configuration that you want. What I love the most is that if I want to change them around a little I have that option. Hope that helps!

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

I got mine from Custom Insert's line of stock sizes, which are about half the price or less than thier fully custom line, although still not cheap. It helps ultalize a large drawer size much more efficiently, although the custom size would have been even better. The compartments are all equal sizes and it would have been nice to be able to specify the generous size comparents for the items I have a extra of like teaspoons and dinner forks, but a smaller space for ice tea spoons, for example, that I only have one set of and don't even use very often. That way you can allot an extra space or two to other items. Anyway I decided I could not justify the 150.00 price I got for the custom design I drew. I think the large stock size was about 60.00. It is very well made and came well boxed and protected. I do like it and felt it was a good compromise between cost and function.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom Inserts stock size drawer inserts

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

I got mine from Tuesday Morning.

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Cutlery and kitchen tool organizers/dividers were made by/came from our cab manufacturer (one less thing to look for elsewhere). Our spice drawer insert actually came from rev-a-shelf, but our installer added the 4th tier for us (cab manuf was supposed to physically make one for us, with 4 tiers, but someone ordered the rev-a-shelf one and sent us that instead....).

All other assorted (lucite/acrylic) organizers for various drawers and cabs came from BB&B or The Container Store .