Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amberm145_gw

frameless cabinets

amberm145_gw
9 years ago

I thought I knew the terms frameless, face framed, partial overlay and full overlay.

A frameless box should be solid on 5 sides, and nothing on the front, right?

I'm confused by a discussion with a KD. (She's pretty much a cabinet salesperson rather than KD, but she seems better than most.)

I am leaning towards Cabico cabinets. She said that the company makes the same boxes for their face framed cabinets or their full overlay. So, it looks frameless from the front, with all doors closed. But inside the door, there's a frame around the opening. So, a 6 sided box with a hole cut in the front, and then a full overlay on top.

My last kitchen was partial overlay, and one of my biggest pet peeves about it (besides the cathedral arched doors) was the frame around the boxes. Having the cabinet opening smaller than the inside of the cabinet made it hard to efficiently use the space.

Now I have what I consider to be frameless, with full overlay doors. Much better.

The one thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Cabico is the fact that they're framed boxes.

But someone else was looking at my quote, and noticed that it specifically says: "Box Construction:Frameless"

So, am I wrong in my interpretation of "frameless"?

Comments (2)