Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT but do I have a slab for you!

Posted by leela4 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 19:07

We were hiking last week and DH, who is not TKO (especially now that our kitchen has been done for several years) said, "Wow-well there's a countertop for you!"
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT but do I have a slab for you!

LOL

o

:-) That's a rock waiting for a picnic if I've ever seen one!

o

:-) That's a rock waiting for a picnic if I've ever seen one!

o

LOL - where is this slab! We can all go for a picnic!!

o

I"m calling my Granite Grannies.
buy the time I've laid away enough $$, it'll BE a countertop! MINE!!!

Gorgeous.

o

Great study in contrast.

o

North Cascades-WA state. Alas, no picnic there because we hadn't reached the lake yet.

o

Love it!

Which lake? (We hiked to Pyramid Lake last fall, and don't remember seeing anything like that!)

o

Angie-I mentioned what you said to DH and he said Pyramid Lake was a hike he's always wanted to do.

Crater Lake is the hike we did-east of Twisp (so E of WA Pass-obviously)-lots of rock to see.

o

Thanks! That makes sense -- that far east means less green stuff and less erosion, so you'd find more striking rock configurations, I guess. We came from the east side, so I guess we just drove by that part. Too bad; your picture looks really beautiful!

Your DH is on the right trail (so to speak): The hike to Pyramid was quite nice. It was very steep at first, but not so bad after a little while. The lunch and dip in the lake at the top really hit the spot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here