Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dowbright_gw

Elkay sinks-good or bad?

dowbright
11 years ago

Elkay Celebrity Top Mount Stainless Steel 25x22x7.5 1-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink

I'm looking at this sink but can't find much feedback on it. Has anyone here tried it, or the Elkay brand in general? OR, can you suggest a mid-priced stainless steel sink (small for a kitchenette) that IS good quality?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Elkay enjoys a solid reputation around here! (No problems with mine....)

• ginny20
    11 years ago

The 50-year-old sink that I donated to ReStore when we demo'd was an Elkay. My new one is also Elkay, and only 19 gauge. I love it. No problems after 1 year of use.

• dowbright
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is an excellent thread for Elkay! I hope they see it. :)

50 years??? WOW. Thanks, folks. I went ahead and bought it, and plan to love it for years. I appreciate you taking the time. :D

• lee676
    11 years ago

Elkay runs the gamut from cheap stuff for the big-box stores to high-end specialty sizes, but they're all quite good. I think Celebrity is one of their more basic lines.

I've always liked the LWR-2522R (shown here) or LWR-2522L (same but with drain in the back left corner), because the recessed drain makes it a cinch to dump excess waste down the disposer, and because putting the drain in the back corner means the drain won't be covered by the first plate you put into the sink, and because it also moves the disposer to the rear corner of the sink cabinet underneath rather than smack dab in the middle where it's in the way of everything. It can be ordered with one through five holes on the deck.

Also consider a D-shaped sink without a full-length faucet ledge, just a hole on each corner, with the drain in the back center. These are very roomy despite fitting in the same size cabinet. Elkay also recently introduced a line of "Perfect Drain" sinks that don't need a flange around the drain when used with an Insinkerator-built disposer.

{{!gwi}}

• dowbright
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is for a kitchenette that's very small and won't be used much, so i didn't want to go gangbusters on the purchase. My cheap-end one will do the trick. But I love your knowledge and pictures! Thanks. :D

• lee676
    11 years ago

All of those I mentioned are low-to-midrange priced

• lindy1096
    11 years ago

Anyone have the Elkay undermount stainless steel sink from Costco? It's only $250 but it is also only 19 gauge. We have been planning to get 18 gauge or lower.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

I have an Elkay double bowl undermount stainless sink, never babied, cleaned with anything and everything and it's still going strong after 13 years. Bought at Home Depot Expo, less than $500, maybe even less and probably 19 gauge. All I remember for sure it was waaaaaay less than other name brands that had the same look. It's the only thing in my kitchen I would keep if it was possible to get out without trashing the cabs and granite we'll recycle. I plan to buy the same thing unless I go with a stainless apron.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022