Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylace

Kohler Smart Divide Cast Iron Sink

sylace
15 years ago

Does anyone have this or has anyone seen this in real life?

I'd love to hear feedback. :)

Comments (14)

• sylace
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is the link to the site

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Smart Divide Sink

• sylace
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anyone???

• footballmom
    15 years ago

I have seen it and they are beautiful. I did notice that I did not believe it would look beautiful too long under hard use. It is cast iron and just from people placing items in it at the store, it already had those scuff marks on it. I can just imagine the divided part looking scuffed all the time. If you do not mind cleaning a scast iron sink of scuffs from pans and silver ware, it may be the sink for you. If it was in stainless.... maybe.

• dlspellman
    15 years ago

I have one!!!! I'll attach photos I just took yesterday.
    The sink was installed last Dec (07) and footballmom's beliefs/assumptions couldn't be more wrong (Sorry footballmom). I think in the 8 months I've used it, under normal everyday use with a family of four...I've maybe pulled out a cleaner stronger than Dawn dish soap 2-3 times! It's a breeze to clean and no chips or anything. I love it!!!! At Christmast the big roaster was a breeze to clean in the sink....as are big skillets with long handles that just hang over the divider, cookie sheets, etc.

My color is called seasalt - it's a very subtle white and offwhite salt looking finish....very pretty. I get lots of comments on it. Anyway, I whole heartedly recommend this sink. If you want to see other photos check out MN Kitchen which I just posted a few days ago.

• footballmom
    15 years ago

No need to apologize. Real world experience always trumps "just looking." It always is helpful to know someone who has used a product and that is what is so great about this forum...there is almost always someone who has or has had an item. Gayle

• smilingjudy
    15 years ago

I believe I have the same one as dlspellman, in white. Love it, love it, love it!

Just so you know, it is quite deep if you install it as an undermount with a thick counter as shown above. I haven't finished installing my dishwasher yet, so I've been using the sink a lot over the past month. It can get tiresome chasing all the silverware around the bottom since it seems waaaay down there. My sink grid just arrived today. Can't wait to try that out.

• sylace
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the responses. :)

dlspellman: Your kitchen is gorgeous! I really love the way the sink looks. I am glad to hear that the wear and tear isn't so bad. We are a family of 5 and the sink gets lots of abuse so no more stainless steel for us.

I am still deciding between the Smart Divide and a Blanco Silgranite DIAMOND 1 3/4.

If anyone else has an opinion, please feel free, I'd love to hear more.

• Boopadaboo
    15 years ago

Thanks for asking the question. :) I have been eyeing this sink and pretty much narrowed it down to this one. Drop in though since I am not replacing my counters.

Now to decide what color!

• amylville
    15 years ago

I have one and love it. Its the best of both worlds. Big like a single bowl, but divided so I have a side for clean dishes and a side for dirty dishes. By the way a little barkeepers friend keeps it as clean as the day I got it (cleans those grey "scratches"from pots right out) Here is a not so great picture:

• Boopadaboo
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing amylville - do you mind sharing what type of faucet you have. It is very pretty!

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

If you like the design of the Kohler Smart Divide, but would rather have silgranite like material instead of cast iron, you might like what I got. It is made by Swanstone and is most likely more reasonable in price for the budget concious folks like me. The sink is being installed as we speak, and I can take a picture later and post. Obviously have not used it yet and cannot give you life experience report. But from all the silgranite sink owners we hear from here, we know it's well loved. Below is a link to Swanstone.

They have 2 styles - one called Ascend Bowl and the other called Large/Small Bowl. I have the latter, but really like the Ascend Bowl and almost bought it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swanstone sinks

• fern76
    15 years ago

I have the Swanstone low divide sink and I just love it!!The one problem I had with it (tea bag sat over night--oops), clorox cleanup took care of. The one I have is the beige color...hth

Fern

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

Fern76, that is pretty in beige. I'm glad to hear it's easy to maintain.

As promised, picture of my Swanstone sink in black.

Side view for perspective of low divide.

• gssh
    15 years ago

Budgeteer, have you tried using any dish drying racks in the small sink? What kind?