Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mercymygft_gw

Which white with espresso cabinets

Mercymygft
12 years ago

I'm doing a white perimeter with an espresso island, original I know (rolling my eyes).

I am thinking of going with Medallion cabinets with a white maple perimeter and the island will be cherry espresso. First off is anyone familiar with Medallion/Schuler's white colors? Their whites are White Icing (stark white), Divinity (off white), & White Chocolate (creamy white), I don't want any kind of glazing. Which one do you think will look the best with the Espresso... I think I am already going to eliminate the White Icing. So of the other two, which would you choose?

Comments (15)

• Mercymygft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, meant to post this, it shows samples of the colors, even though they aren't very big.

Here is a link that might be useful: Medallion Maple colors

• abfabamy
    12 years ago

I was going to use the same setup, I really liked Divinity in that cabinet line with the dark island. I think I'm switching to Kraftmaid Dove White (ummm, maybe).

• Mercymygft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Why are you switching to Kraftmaid? I looked at KM too. What style cabinet are you getting?

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

love the divinity, wish I could explain that color to my painter. It's the perfect white that I have been looking for.

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

I am planning on using Medallion cabinets using the white - Divinity on my Range hood and my island and Gingersnap on maple for my perimeter cabinets. Cabinet door style is a shaker style door.

• Jakzof3
    12 years ago

We are just completing our remodel and went with a creamy white...called Balsa ( his creation) and it was softly glazed by our cabinet maker..with a cocoa taupe like color... The softness really made the creamy pop...so soft and well done. The color of creamy /yellow is controlled by the glaze. I have seen his cabinets go from a very deep color to the very light that we got. You will like the creamy color but a soft glaze is just beautiful. Our island is a glazed maple...not sure of any color names becaue our cabinet maker creates his own colors and glazes. The island is a warm brown and onyx type glaze..have to see it ot appreciate it...too hard to explain. Hopefully I will post the finished product soon. The cabinet maker just has to complete the window trim and microwave enclosure. We have not chosen tile yet...but am looking at Walker Zangers new Tuileries collection.. just beautiful.

• Mercymygft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Divinity was my first choice, but I'm wondering what White Chocolate looks like in real life.

rtwilliams....Gingersnap is the other color I was considering for my island.

Jakzof3... Can't wait to see pics of your kitchen!

• abfabamy
    12 years ago

mercymygft, I only decided to go with Kraftmaid because they are running a special until Oct. 15th at Lowes. The Mapleton door style is an additional 15% off. With free sink base, free door hardware, and Lowes additional discount all added up to about $4000 savings, a deal I couldn't pass up. Mapleton is a door style I like, a simple shaker inspired. The island will probably be in cherry, as the Deveron door style is also discounted and is the same door in cherry.

• Mercymygft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

abfabamy...That's a nice savings! What color stain are you going with for the island?

• mskitchen
    12 years ago

mercymygft - Didn't forget you but I haven't taken pictures yet, hope to do so today. Had a lot of people over for a birthday party Sat and then had to get the house ready for a showing on MOnday morning. AND, the plumber finally showed up on Monday so I didn't want to get in his way since we've been waiting 2 weeks for him.

• bbtondo
    12 years ago

I have Medallion Brookville door style cabinets in Divinity. LOVE LOVE the color. When I saw White chocolate in person, it was too dark for me. Too much towards tan, rather than white. Divinity is more towards BM white dove. I did not want white-white. I think Divinity is the perfect soft white!

Here's a photo of my kitchen just before it was completed. The ceiling paint color is BM white dove and the appliances are bisque.

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

bbtondo - beautiful kitchen! What is that crown molding and light rail called?

mercymygft - When and where are you ordering your medallion cabinets?

• Mercymygft
    Original Author
    12 years ago

rtwilliams... I'm not ordering for a while, I need to sell my present house first!! I priced the Medallion at a place called Just Cabinets.

• bbtondo
    12 years ago

RTwilliams: Sorry, I don't know what the Medallion name is for the crown molding and light rail. I picked them from a box of moldings that Medallion offers. I can tell you that I am very pleased with my Medallion cabinets and highly recommend them. The painted finish has been holding up really well and looks great!

Barb

• nini804
    12 years ago

What color are you planning to paint your trim? (i.e. windows, base, crown?) That helps decide which to go with...you don't want them to be too close that it looks like you tried to match and failed! :) I agree that you probably don't want stark white with the espresso in a kitchen. My son's bath vanity is espresso, and all of our trim is SW Extra White (tile is a blackish slate-look porcelain)...it looks pretty good in there because I have a vintage look going with tons of subway in the bath...but would look very stark in a kitchen. The Divinity looked very pretty to me, but if your trim is darker, the White chocolate might be nice, particularly since there won't be as much contrast with the island. (BTW...am I the only one becoming hungry because of all these yummy paint color names? ;) )