Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saltlife631

Kompy backsplash...

SaltLife631
10 years ago

Kompy I know you decided to go with the meram blanc 3x6 tile from The Tile Shop for your backsplash. I also remember you saying there was another marble at The Tile Shop that you really loved but it had green undertones and you did not want to be tied into that color scheme. Do you remember what the Tile shop called that other marble? Does lansdale ring a bell? Thank you for your help and I hope all is well.

PG

Comments (9)

• SaltLife631
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BTT

• sunsoleil
    10 years ago

While you are waiting to hear from Kompy, I thought you could check this one out.
    http://www.tileshop.com/product/productdetail.aspx?familyID=2147&recordID=5059095

• SaltLife631
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you very much I appreciate your help. I could have worded my original post a little different. While the tile you referenced is very nice we do not want to lock ourselves in to the color green. The Lansdale I mentioned is not overtly green however some pieces do exhibit green undertones which may be a concern. Thanks again for your help.

• sunsoleil
    10 years ago

Have you seen it in person? We do not have a Tile Shop on in my area, but I called the store a couple hours away. They described the tiles and emailed me a photo. Apparently, he said he does it all the time! Hopefully, Kompy will read this soon:)

• SaltLife631
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Fortunately we have a store about an hour and a half away and we were able to check the Lansdale tile out in person. None of the samples we saw in person had green undertones but the store employee showed us pictures of a recently installed bathroom in which there were definitive green undertones. This could be attributed to the natural variation in the stone or the stone coming from a different lot or the fact that customers are encouraged to pick through the tiles keep the ones that work and return the rest. This wouldn't be a problem for us if the store had the tile on hand but this store does not have this particular stone on hand. I should probably take my own advice and stay clear if there is this concern! Thank you again for your help and I hope all is well.

• kompy
    10 years ago

Hey PG! I took a picture of it but have since deleted it. I went to The Tile Shop's website and I'm 90% sure it was the Biltmore collection. The sample board they had on display was gorgeous!

The pic in the link below does not do it justice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Biltmore Series

• kompy
    10 years ago

Here's a link to the entire Biltmore series.

Some told me my tile was TOO bathroom-ish.....but I disagree. I love my shiny Meram blanc (white) marble tile backsplash. Everyone that comes in to my kitchen can't help but touch it and ohh and ahhh.

The only reason I didn't do the green was because I wanted pale green paint on my walls. And I wanted a bit more formal look.
    Kompy

Here is a link that might be useful: ENTIRE Biltmore series

• SaltLife631
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The Biltmore is a very nice eye catching series. I saw it in the store and was immediately reminded of the ming green that Sarah Richardson has utilized well in various applications. As far as your backsplash goes I would have to disagree with those individuals who said the Meram Blanc was too bathroomish...Meram Blanc is hard to capture in a picture. In person the tile has an almost 3D like quality that adds a unique textural element and possess a noteworthy appeal. Thank you for getting back to me and job well done. I will be sure to show you what I come up with.

• kompy
    9 years ago

SaltLife.....How did your backsplash turn out?????
    KOMPY (the Meram Blanc b/s kitchen)