Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ohnooomrbill

Kitchen mostly finished

OhNoooMrBill
9 years ago

We are close to finished on the kitchen. The backsplash will need to wait until after DH's back surgery. We still need to pick a hood.
This weekend we should be able to finish the baseboard molding. We also need to do a little more electric work near where the desk will go.
Here is one before picture:

And a couple of after pics

Comments (18)

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Great upgrade! I love your counters and the hardware. Cabinets are really good looking too.

• isabel98
    9 years ago

love it. what are you doing for a backsplash. your marble is really pretty.

• bpath
    9 years ago

Glad you kept the cats. They seem happy with the new kitchen! And they should be, it looks great. I like your kokopelli towel bar. And oh, that handsome faucet! Wishing your DH well.

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Love your counters! Guess the cats have found a new favorite spot!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Looking great, congrats on spotting the finish line!

• ainelane
    9 years ago

I love the changes you made! Those countertops look gorgeous.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

I keep going back and forth between old and new photos. The new looks soo much bigger than the old. Looks really nice. Congrats and best wishes to DH.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Beautiful stone. I really like your cabinets. What are they? Great hardware-it looks perfect with your cabinets. You kitchen looks much bigger, even the windows. Enjoy your new kitchen!

• lam702
    9 years ago

Very nice, the natural wood cabinets look great with the counters. Love the cats, I have a black and white one that looks very much like yours. He also loves to sit on the counters despite my many attempts to discourage it!

• zeebee
    9 years ago

Looks good. What is your hardware (manufacturer and finish)? It really complements the cabinets well.

• brightm
    9 years ago

I agree, looks much bigger! I like the cabinets and finish on them. Always happy to see some stained cabinets. :)

(Also always happy to see others with sizeable cats and cats who love kitchens.)

• amck2
    9 years ago

Very nice! You must love the new peninsula for the extra storage and casual seating. Agree with others about the hardware - great choice. Congrats!

• OhNoooMrBill
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The handles and pulls are both Amerock oil rubbed bronze color. The knobs are Manor collection, and the pulls are Mullholland collection. We used 2 small (3inch) pulls on big drawers above door pairs, and large pulls (160mm?) on the large drawers of the 24" cabinet.

Once we settled on the oil rubbed bronze color scheme, we felt we had a wide selection of ones that would look fine.

• OhNoooMrBill
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, we did actually make the kitchen work area bigger. As you'll see in the pictures below, we used to have a smaller door opening between the kitchen and family room areas. Each area had a door that opened onto the back deck. With the larger opening between the areas, we didn't need to have both back doors. We replaced the door in the kitchen with a slightly narrower window. That gave us room for the new peninsula and the overhang. Now we need a slightly smaller kitchen table and counter height chairs.
    Before:

After:

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Really nice!! Love the counters and that faucet and sink looks terrific.
    Thanks for posting even though not completely finished. Good luck to your DH with the surgery.
    Can't wait to see the bs.

• Marc Johnson
    9 years ago

Nice upgrade! And my cat did the same thing as soon as she saw me take out the camera ;)

• lisepomeroy
    9 years ago

Am I missing something? Where is the range?

• OhNoooMrBill
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Range is opposite the sink. We have not posted pictures of that side of the kitchen yet. It has the fridge, an under cabinet microwave, 2 cabinets and a pantry. We will be getting the SS chimney hood this week. Once it is installed we will post that side of the kitchen.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES