Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzy5565

SO much trouble picking wall color with white cabinets.!

suzy5565
13 years ago

One more dilemma. The wall color. White insets, black granite, wood floors, white subways. Rest of house is an olive-y green, rust, gold combo. Want a bright kitchen, and was going to go with BM Morning Dew, but it clashes with the green I already have. Want something with just a tinge of color. Is anyone really happy with the color they have...do not want beige, although that's probably what would go with my house! Thanks so much for any help!

Comments (21)

• Fori
    13 years ago

Pale apricot?

• marcydc
    13 years ago

BM Quiet Moments? Looks greyish green but not in a cold way. More of a silver sage?

• lala girl
    13 years ago

We have SW Dover White cabinets, dark wood floors, quartzite, and SW Honied white walls - very calm and airy, and the wallcolor gives just the right amount of warmth for our space. I wanted the cabinets and walls to blend so it did not look all chopped up - good luck!

• lavender_lass
    13 years ago

I like the idea of pale apricot, on the golden side, rather than the pink side :)

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Mango or lavender. Do something unexpected.
    You could also go with an aqua or sky blue color and not try to match your green at all.
    There is always gray if you want a neutral...

• suzy5565
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What interesting comments. You've got me thinking a little more outside the box! Thanks so much!

• lovlilynne
    13 years ago

I have the same - white cabs, black ct, wood floors, and I went with "Milk Pail" by SW (it's from the Martha Steward collection, which they no longer carry, but will still mix the color). The pictures don't really do it justice - it's blue/grey/green - depends on the lighting the contrast with the other wall (which is "sandy bottom"), etc. I love that it's very changeable, and different, but neutral as well.

It is NOT baby blue as it looks in some of the pictures. Not at all.

Here is a link that might be useful: pictures of kitchen with

• lovlilynne
    13 years ago

Here is the kitchen from which inspired my paint color. More true pictures of the color.

Here is a link that might be useful: LA Nugget's kitchen

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Would you consider another white tone, a just slightly creamy white? DH wanted an all-white kitchen, which initially I was less than thrilled with, though I had to convince him we needed some contrast between the walls and the cabinets.

Cabinets are BM Chantilly Lace and walls are BM White Heron. I like the hint of creamy white on the paneling and not sure I would've liked another color.

Although if you have the white subways, you may feel you have enough white.

• cpartist
    13 years ago

the complement of green is red. how about a color in the brick red family? using a color closer to brick would be more earthy with your other colors, warm up the white while not appearing Christmassy. think BM patina 1195 or pumpkin patch 055 or Montana agate 056

• User
    13 years ago

We went with BM Thunder (gray). Adjacent rooms are green/olive. Here is a pic:

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Oooh, I like the idea of a rusty or brick red color!

Milz, where have you been hiding that fabulous kitchen? Can we see more? It's really pretty!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

I had the same dilema over wall colors. I think I still
    drive my family nuts as I have changed things around a bit.
    I too have white cabs, black counters(virginia jet mist a
    dark gray color really) and dark wood floors like Milz50
    above. The marble above looks great with that gray color
    but I know for my kitchen it would not work with the
    dark blk counters.

Here are some ideas that maybe you can consider.
    ~boxerpups

Sycamore green by Behr and maybe this would go with
    the greens you currently have. Perhaps choose a color
    similar but several shades lighter to the colors you
    have in another room.

Haze green by Pratt and Lambert looks beautiful with white
    and black.

I am not sure the color here but notice the
    peach, beige, yellowish color that brightens this room.

Citron by Farrow and Ball looks like the image above

Donald Kaufman color 20 DK20

Acorn Aura by Benjamin Moore looks similar to the image Below .

Palladian blue by Benjamin Moore can really freshen a room

• rgb5064
    13 years ago

What is the hardware in the last picture....nickel or chrome? and can you see the hinges?

• suzy5565
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the wonderful ideas! I think there are a LOT of colors that would look good...really like the Haze Green color! Got five samples from BM today...gonna see if one of them works...

• User
    13 years ago

Good luck suzy.

Rookie...thanks; here's a couple more pics.

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Oooh, I like the idea of a rusty or brick red color!

Milz, where have you been hiding that fabulous kitchen? Can we see more? It's really pretty!

• robynkf
    13 years ago

Milz50 - you're kitchen is GORGEOUS!! Can we see more?? More details?! More of the house in general?!! It looks like a magazine....What subway tile did you go with behind the range area?

• marytwit
    13 years ago

Boxerpups,

Any idea what the green paint is in the last picture you posted?

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Oh, Milz50! I LOVE your kitchen! That slab backsplash! And is that your refrigerator that looks like a gorgeous armoire? And the BM Thunder is the perfect color. Just WOW! Thank you so much for sharing.

• pps7
    13 years ago

milz50, can I move into your house?

We choose BM gray wisp (white shaker inset, AB honed, walnut stained pine floors.