Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

my xenon undercabinet lights are too hot!

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

Please let me know what kind of undercabinet lights you love and why.

For our upstairs kitchenette (finished in May, just being used now as the main kitchen is being gutted) I put in these Xenon under cabinet lights:

http://www.pegasusassociates.com/products/UnderCabinetLights/XenonLineVoltTaskLights.html

Yowza, they are HOT! I had them on for a few hours this afternoon and then turned him off; several hours later the bottom shelf of the cabinets is still warm to the touch. That whole section of the room just radiated heat. I had assumed I'd do these in the main kitchen, too, but now that I've actually used them, I wouldn't buy them again.

I read a few threads of people saying they had xenon and didn't have a problem with heat. Mine are enclosed which might make a difference, but even if they're open that heat is still generated, it is just dissapating through the room instead of staying trapped under the cabinet, right?

I read several references to flor. t-2 lights but when I google that, the only hit I get is right here on the forum. Anyone know more about these? And

Anita

Comments (10)