Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice--Levant or Starmark inset cabinets

Posted by cookingbuff (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 18:38

I just stopped by a cabinet shop that has begun to carry Starmark inset and they have a 20% off promotion going on until the end of the month. I looked at Levant cabinets by Mullet a few months back and I like them too. Does anyone have any opinions on the two cabinet manufacturers, or anything you might want to tell me about them? Is one made better, or has better customer service, more upcharges, anything! Would appreciate any advice. Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice--Levant or Starmark inset cabinets

I have no experience with Levant, but I have sold StarMark Cabinetry for a few years now and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. They are a great overall value!

o

Thanks. I wish I liked the Starmark salesman. He never even explained the construction to me. I read about the construction before I even went in the shop. Do you know if they have specials going on frequently? This month he also said there was a 50% off special finishes.

o

Hello cookingbuff. StarMark Cabinetry's 20% off inset cabinetry is good through Friday, November 2. There's a good chance that offer will be extended. The upcharges for Specialty Finishes are reduced 50%. The inset discount and specialty finish discount can be combined.

The main thing to consider with inset cabinetry, no matter which brand you go with, is that 1) you will lose about an inch and a quarter of interior space, so oversized dinner plates may not fit; 2) You will have to adjust the doors seasonally as temps change. It's not a defect, it's the nature of inset cabinetry.

A cabinet company that builds a quality overlay cabinet will also use quality material and construction methods to build their inset cabinetry. Homeowners tend to want to know how thick the side panels (end panels) are, and how the drawers are constructed. Is there something specific you want to know about inset construction, for instance, how it differs from overlay? I might be able to help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of StarMark Cabinetry inset cabinets

o

The 20% discount is a great incentive! I have been reading about the construction etc and they seem to be very good quality. I wish I liked the salesman. He didn't impress me. Maybe he is just he salesman and not the actual designer. I never really got in to that with him since I was really just looking and wanted to see them, and not ready to order them. Thanks for your input!

o

The 20% discount is a great incentive! I have been reading about the construction etc and they seem to be very good quality. I wish I liked the salesman. He didn't impress me. Maybe he is just he salesman and not the actual designer. I never really got in to that with him since I was really just looking and wanted to see them, and not ready to order them. Thanks for your input!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here