Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SparklingWater... can I ask you a question?

Posted by Lake_Girl (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 18:17

Hi SparklingWater. I saw in another post that you are buying BM White Dove, semi-gloss. Is it for your trimwork? I need to touch up some trim (mine is high-gloss, bright white), and I'm thinking of changing over to White Dove, semi-gloss. Can you describe how White Dove looks on your trim? Does it look white, or more creamy? I'm a little worried it may not match the paint colors on my walls. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SparklingWater... can I ask you a question?

Hi Lake_Girl.

We have used Benjamin Moore Classic White Dove Semigloss for all our trim for years. It's a lot of trim. It is a warm tone white, not gray nor yellow and not bright white. But it is clearly white, not cream. Just stepped down some from a bright white. We have it on two built in carved triangular dining cupboards as well as fireplace and built in bookcases. It continues well throughout the house without noticeable change from white with natural light color changes.

Hope this helps. I just bought a gallon of it to start my trim again. It's been ten or twelve years which means it stood up to me washing finger prints and scuff marks off all these years from the kids etc. It's a great Benjamin Moore white.

o
RE: SparklingWater... can I ask you a question?

Thanks SparklingWater! I think that's just the push I needed. I want white, but the bright white is a little too much. We too have lots of trim, so I thought I'd just do a room at a time. That way it won't be so overwhelming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here