Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momand3boys_gw

Have I gone crazy?

momand3boys
11 years ago

So we decided to start redoing the kitchen again after a two year hiatus. The kitchen and dining room run along the back of our house. The dining room set where we eat all meals is a dark red cherry with a corian top (which I love BTW). The floors are beech in a yellowy tone. So we have narrowed it down to two cabinet doors and two colors of which to decide on. One is Medallion Bayside in Chestnut. The other is Dynasty Monterey in Nutmeg. Both cherry wood like the dining set. I like the Medallion style door, its a bit rounded on the edges and has an edge to the inside of the stiles and rails. But the color is a bit brown in some light, more than I originally wanted, but looks more reddish in most light which I like. The Dynasty is on sale and a better door, but this sample looks faded to me, and sharp on the edges of the door, which might show more dings?? I have a small sample of the same color but the sample has big veining which I don't like, so it's throwing me off. I think I like the color better, but the door is worn out and that is what it would look like after so many years, right? We currently have flourescent light in the kitchen which we are replacing with regular lighting so the colors will look different. I have looked at both cabinets in different areas and different lights and I just can't make a decision. The cost would be about the same and both would look good in my kitchen but I can't seem to pick one. I think I have gone mad! And I might be making my KD mad!! Lol. Ugh.

Comments (7)