Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Pull Down Faucets - What's your take?

User
15 years ago

Looking for a kitchen faucet, leaning towards an all in one pull down with single lever. I've seen a lot of kitchens with them but in the store I notice the sprayer is falling from the faucet. Can you please share what you have and how well it's working for you? Thanks!

Comments (30)

• Fori
    15 years ago

I installed a Hansgrohe Allegro Pro a few months ago and haven't had problems yet. It's possible the ones in the stores don't have the weights properly installed.

• josie724
    15 years ago

Lukkirish,

I have the Delta 978 I really like the pull down spray, I wanted the Kohler Vennata but I couldn't see spending that kind of money. And yes the weight as well as the magnet make it stay in place.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, thank you fori and Josie, I didn't realize they had weights!

Josie!! That's the same one I'm looking at! Great! What finish did you get? And...I've been thinking about you, how did it go with your KD the other day? Well I hope!

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

I had a Kohler Vinnata installed with our kitchen reno last November. I'm going on ten months with it and can't think of one negative thing to say about it. It's the best faucet I've ever had. It's well-made and the pull-down feature is so darn handy. I use it ever day and love how easy the adjustable sprayer is to work.

• sarschlos_remodeler
    15 years ago

I have a Kohler Simplice and love it. It works like a charm. So much better than a side spray. I like the two different spray options.

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

I have the Moen Aberdeen and love it. But the handle is separate from the faucet. Doesn't bother me and I actually kind of like turning it off further away from the water flow, if that makes sense. It has the weights and the magnetic catch as well. Spray and flow with the push of a button and also you can hold a button to temporarily turn the water flow off (great for filling bottles or pots sitting on the counter or watering plants!). I have the ORB finish, which always jacks up the price darnit! ;o) I have the matching soap dispenser, too.

• josie724
    15 years ago

Hi Lukkiirish,

His assistant is in receipt of my email telling her that all the replacement doors do not match, and I'm waiting to hear back. His installer was suppose to come back today to finish the kick plates and install my hardware, but he was a no show, he also ran out of crown molding and my DW panel is still not in. So what I'm thinking is the KD sent him to another job and is going to send him back when the replacement items come in, so I've got lovely blue tape handles that I've been using for the past 4 weeks. My dh said if doesn't return before the replacements come in he's going to have our GC install the handles and kick plate and back charge him.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread....

Anyway....I very happy with my Delta, I have the Venetian Bronze, it has copper undertones in it.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad you hijacked it! Thanks for the update, like I've said you have been in my thoughts. I've never seen anyone do business that way, but then again, I've never soliticted the help of a KD either. Sounds like there are several that are giving their industry a bad name. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

That bronze sure is popular, I'm tempted to get it myself, but between the black silgranit sink, darker granite and a slate backsplash I just don't think it will look good (even though the slate is in lighter tones). I'm thinking I should stick with ss or polished chrome for the sparkle.

Thank you so much for all the input everyone. Now I know I've been looking at the websites too much because I actually recognize all those brands and collection names!! Oyvay!!!

rmlanza: It absolutely makes sense because I have that now and am wondering if I should stick with it or change over to the all in one. Of course the main concern is how many holes in the granite should we have.

• hannah1
    15 years ago

I have a KWC faucet in a brushed nickel. Love it.

• ljsandler
    15 years ago

LOVE my Kohler Vinnata!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Oh good lukkiirish (is that supposed to be lucky irish?) I'm glad I made sense. I just wanted to add that I also have the anthracite siligranite sink, dark granite and a slate backsplash with ORB hardware and faucet. I also have slate floors and a deep reddish terra cotta color on my walls, so my kitchen is definitely on the darkish side. But I have big picture windows that go almost to the floor behind my island and lots of undercabinet lighting. Plus my sink is in a peninsula so no backsplash directly behind it. I like all the rich tones in my kitchen, but good lighting is definitely key!

HTH!
    Robin

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lsandler: And what a beauty it is, but I love your kitchen anyway it's one of my favorites. It's Gorgeous with a capital G!!! :c) I didn't know you can plug a hole in granite. Did you have the fabricator put that hole for future use?

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

hmmm, I think that's actually an air switch. Islander, your kitchen is SOOOO freakin' gorgeous!!!

• josie724
    15 years ago

Lukiirish, thanks so much for your thoughts. He dubbed himself a KD because he owns the cabinet showroom I used.
    I agree with you on the choice of SS. The Venetian Bronze is more on the brown side.

If you do get it check out Faucets Direct, I found them the cheapest and they shipped it very quickly.

Islander, you're really killing me with that gorgeous kitchen of yours. I love the Vinnata too. I was being a tightwad :-))

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

an air switch? ok, now I'm even more confused than normal!

rmlanza, post some pics of your kitchen pleeease? I know I've seen it, but I think we need to see it again. Yes, I'm lucky and irish (2nd generation though) with a twist. I'm not so lucky though when it comes to my kitchen size and or lighting!

Josie: Already been there and have it in the cart! Now I've got issues with the sink we want and the garbage disposal. :c( doesn't silgranit make 8 inch double sinks? arrrgg

• Buehl
    15 years ago

An airswitch is used to turn an electrical item on/off using a puff of air to close/open the circuit. If it's in a kitchen next to a sink it's most likely the switch to the Garbage Disposal. It keeps water away from the electrical outlet....much safer than a regular switch...which should never be used w/wet hands!

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

I HATE mine with a passion. It never sits right unless you fiddle with it. Hubby insists on leaving it undone (to help with the reach issue I guess) so it always looks like it's falling apart. In order for it to sit even close to right the weight has to be so high up that the spray is pretty much useless.

I also seriously dislike the way you have to hold it. It's just not a very good sprayer.

I've got a Danze Opulence. One of the priciest things for our remodel and it's garbage.

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

Brizo Floriano and I LOVE mine. If I had replace it I would get another pull down.

Sue

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the heads up pbrisjar, that's exactly what I've heard a lot of them can do. We don't have kids at home anymore but my DH has this bad habit of breaking anything that has the slightest chance of breaking (and even somethings that don't)

That sucks it fell apart like that, I hope you've contacted the manufacturer to file a complaint.

Buehl, you my dear are the human equivalent of a kitchen encyclopedia! LOL! Thank you for that tid bit of info, I really thought it was plug! LOL!!! Just call me clueless!

sue ct: Thank you for the feed back, much appreciated.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

It's not fallen apart - it just looks that way unless I go in behind Hubby and fiddle with the darned thing. Though I can see falling apart in its (probably near) future as the bracket/holder thingy that keeps the spray head/faucet part up snug has to be coaxed to work. It's a bit of plastic working with another bit of plastic that has to be twisted together *just right* to work. It's possible the fancier ones with the magnets work better but I'll never have another pull-down again.

• josie724
    15 years ago

Lukkiirish, the Delta has a magnetized stem where the sprayer goes into, so it easily stays in place. I can also turn the srpayer around if I want so the switch for the stream or spray in underneath and not visible. Did that make sense, only had my first cup of coffee this morning, I'm still a bit sleepy.

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well good morning! Yuppers it makes sense and after I wake up a little bit, I'm going to go ahead an order one in SS. I can't see spending a bundle on a faucet when there are so many other things to put the money towards. Now if I can just decide what to do about the sink, I'd be in good shape! Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated! Maybe it's time for another post!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Here's my kitchen, not as fancy as some but we like it...

And my favorite thing in my kitchen, Towel Pig and his little buddy (he actually sits on the fireplace mantel now) Wingy.

Robin

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmlanza: I don't think your kitchen could be more perfect! Give me warm and homey over fancy any day. I'm not usually a fan of red but it looks so good! Your slate is much darker than the slate we're using but you're right, you do have a lot of light in your kitchen, lucky!Which granite did you install? Can I talk you into posting a better pic of your backsplash? My DD thinks we should use smaller mosiac sized tiles but all the tile people are saying the larger tiles will help to make the room look larger. I'm still undecided (as usual). The pigs are adorable, what a great idea for the towels but how sad you decided to separate them! LOL. Here's the tile we're going to install for our backsplash courtesy of Patti823, she has the same tile!

{{!gwi}}

• vitta_2008
    15 years ago

Islander: I have the same exact faucet and your's looks sooo much nicer than mine!!!! I have a problem with it sitting correctly in the faucet, always falling out slightly. Any suggestions?? I am moving it around so that it will stay, but I dont think its suppose to work that way!!!

• rmlanza
    15 years ago

Thanks lukki, Towel Pig was depressed for a while but his smile returned quickly. ;o)

Granite is ubatuba.

Sure, here's my backsplash. 1x1 copper slate mosaic...

Love your slate and I remember Patti's backsplash. Seems to me she had really cool barstools that had the same slate on the backs. Mine was inspired by Lynette (and some number after her name), who also had ubatuba granite. And the pig was inspired by another Robin on here, so can't take credit for him, either. But everyone seems to love him and when I told him I caught him blushing...

Sorry, had to post it but I know it's been seen before. Good luck with your faucet choice by the way!!! ;o)

Robin

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for the pics and well wishes. Gotta love those cheeks! HA! Perfect, I love that backsplash!

• Fori
    15 years ago

Vitta, try moving the weight on the hose--it can make a big difference!

• organic_nettie
    15 years ago

Isandler

What color is your granite? I like your faucet.

• dedtired
    15 years ago

I have a Ladylux Cafe -- can't remember the style. It is perfectly fine although you do kind of have to get the nozzle set back where it belongs each time. It doesn't just slip tightly back. A minor nuisance, although for the price it should have come with a servant to do it for you.

Hey -- I have one of those flying pigs on the table in my patio. I love it.