Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need a free color consultation for my kitchen please

Posted by shabbychic10 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 18:07

Hello. I am a newbie. I have orangey oak kitchen cabinets. I recently replaced my backsplash with a tin tile, new stainless appliances and cabinet hardware with a new "faux" blackish granite countertop by Giani Granite Countertop paint.

I hate the red walls and the orange cabinets.

I want a white cabinets with a nice wall color to bring it all together. Can you help? I have attached some pictures so to help those who have suggestions. I use a SW paint wheel. But I am open to others.

My biggest problem is my tile floor undertones. The tile has hues of pink, gray and greens. What color white on my cabinets without them turning gray or green? What wall color with these floors?

HELP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need a free color consultation for my kitchen please

Here is another picture of my floors.

o

What you have done so far looks very nice! I cannot get an accurate enough color on the floor to recommend a color, but I would paint some large sample boards and have them all over the kitchen. On the SW fan deck, look at the whites that are with the grays, and other colors, because that is where I found my cabinet color -- Nacre.

Nancy

o

I'd start with the walls! Paint them a nice soft, spring green. The yellow tones of that green will look amazing with your cabinets (my mom used to have very similar ones) and still look good with the faux granite and stainless steel.

Maybe add a few more natural elements, to balance out the stainless and pick up the wood on the cabinets. A few plants and/or herbs, maybe a basket or a bit of copper?

I know you want to paint the cabinets...but that's a major project and you'll have to paint around your new backsplash and countertops. I'd start with the walls and you might be surprised how much better those cabinets look! :)

o

Your cabinets will likely look a lot 'calmer' with different paint on the walls. I bring home paint chips from multiple stores to have the best selection of color. Your SW store can mix paint from other lines and match the color for you.

Your floor is BEAUTIFUL and I would use it as the basis for color selection. I lay my paint chips on the flooring and walk around, viewing them from different angles. I spent a long time making my kitchen paint decision, even taking a sample of flooring, counter top material, and back splash sample to work. I'd lay out the paint chips and eliminate them one by one. When I continuously was left with the same color sample I had the paint mixed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here