Can't decide between antique brown granite and taj mahol quartzite

Comments (17)

• Zoladub Dub
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another pic

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

Do you have pics? I like the sample color on the wall!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

You really should take a cabinet door to the stone yard to see it next to the actual slab you would purchase. That will probably make up your mind on the spot!

• Zoladub Dub
    Original Author
    9 years ago

taj mahol

• Zoladub Dub
    Original Author
    9 years ago

i don't have a picture of the antique brown. i am also going to have a black island with a Brazilian cherry wood top

• Zoladub Dub
    Original Author
    9 years ago

greenhaven I like them both and a decorator said either would work. one is more of a monochrome look vs more contrast. my husband likes the antique brown and i am wavering but leaning toward the taj mahol

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

That's a beautiful slab. Lots of movement. Can't see it going wrong. Don't know what the other looks like. Good luck!

• romy718
    9 years ago

That is a beautiful slab. The color is also similar to your floor. Whether that is good or not so good, I'm not sure. I don't suppose you have another picture with both your cabinet & your floor sample?

• carolmka
    9 years ago

I had a similar color scheme. I had light counter, cabinets, and floors. I went to a darker counter and it made the kitchen pop. I agree take you cabinet and floor with you to pick counter. I especially think you should go a little dark since your furniture in the other room is dark. Good luck.

• carree
    9 years ago

I'm not sure I love the cabinet color against the Taj...it reads a bit gold or yellow against the taupe -iness of the slab. Now, full disclosure: I have the Taj and love it. I have it in my home with espresso cabinets; my pantry room has white cabinetry, and it looks great in there. And I have a friend who used it with natural maple. So clearly it is versatile. I like the idea of your finding more contrast.

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

I had maple cabs with a darker counter and it really enhanced the cabs.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I think it needs a darker counter and think AB is a very sophisticated look. I've read a few posts where people have swooned over their leathered AB. I think it has fissures though, while quartzite is bulletproof, so I'd have to factor in performance.

• bookworm4321
    9 years ago

I used a quartzite a little darker than Taj Mahal Later, I found Fantasy brown quartzite. That may have been my first choice. I have maple cabs with a slight stain. anyway, this is mine.

• Zoladub Dub
    Original Author
    9 years ago

went to actually buy the antique brown today and the slabs had problems. they wouldn't sell it to me. i need to use this granite place.....they are getting a new shipment of taj mahol in next few days. not sure about darker granites..... i miss having a kitchen. i really really do.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Was the problem fissures?

If you use a lighter counter, I'd paint the walls. That cream isn't doing your cabinets any favors. It's making them look pink and the entire kitchen washed out, which the Taj will contribute to.

• mom2samlibby
    9 years ago

What color are your cabinets? My monitor is showy a yellowy-peach color. Is that a color sample with the Taj Mahal photo? I don't care for the two together. I love the colors of Taj Mahal (using it our new build), but I don't care for it with the color of cabinets I'm seeing on my monitor. I like the grey color you have painted on the wall, but not with the cabinet color, either.

I would go with a darker slab.

• Zoladub Dub
    Original Author
    9 years ago

the cabinets are called butternut and it is more caramel than yellow in real life. not sure why they are looking so yellow in pics. actually that is not a paint color we haven't started painting yet. we are repainting the whole house as well as getting the travertine floors refinished.