Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liberty Hardware slides vs. Blum tandem

Posted by Boops2012 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 17:57

I am willing to give up soft close on doors and drawers if it means getting my kitchen faster. trying to see if Liberty glides are a good compromise in saving $$. They are about 21 per drawer. Blum is about 35 per.
Anyone use this hardware?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liberty Hardware slides vs. Blum tandem

In my opinion, Hettich Quadro slides are every bit as good as Blum, but not so famous, so less $ with soft close. Have your cake and eat it too!

No experience with Liberty. They appear to be side mounted. Hettich & Blum are undermounts. Lose space underneath, or lose width. Undermounts are nice because they are invisible and drawers pop right out if needed.

o

Blum, Grass-for undermounts - maybe KV or accuride but both make better side mounts. IMO not the best place to save $$
I'd get side mount accurides first and you gain drawer height.
As to soft close- I only have it on 4 drawers, wouldn't mind if it were only 1. .
I disagree about hettich- put some down perssure on a drawer as you push it in, noticeable difference. I'd give up soft close before durability.

o

Thanks for the replies. My only drawer stack is 18in wide so Im thinking width is more important than depth. Have to check where the slides are mounted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here