Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceasarstone installation

Posted by sjhockeyfan (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 24, 13 at 17:47

Does 3 cm Ceasarstone need a plywood underlayment?

If you're using 2 cm Ceasarstone (or similar), then how do you keep the thin-looking edge like this one if it has to sit on a plywood base?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceasarstone installation

We used 2 cm quartzite and had the cabinet makers built hard tops into the cabinets, rather than using a sheet of plywood on top.

o

Does Ceasarstone provide a recommendation?

o

For my peninsula, I don't have any plywood underneath the 1 1/4" Caesarstone countertop. Hope the pictures here will give you some ideas.

Before CT installation:
Peninsula before countertop installation photo IMG_2556_zps5e3dee11.jpg
Note there is 14" width hanging over on the other side (near the patio door)
 photo IMG_2918_zpsef173e55.jpg

o

I did a mitered edge which makes the slab look thicker. My edge is 1.5".

o

Babyfish, OT (but it's my thread :-) ), can you tell me the brand and style of your door and drawer pulls? They're the low-profile that we're looking for.

o

My cabinet maker inset the hardtop into the base cabs. I had the slab installed directly on the base cabinets (soapstone).

o

sjhockeyfan - I'm in the process of seeking legal action to sue my cabinet company and I have another thread talking about my pain in the same forum, so I am not appropriate to disclose their name here. Sorry!

o

sjhockeyfan - I'm in the process of seeking legal action to sue my cabinet company and I have another thread talking about my pain in the same forum, so I am not appropriate to disclose their name here. Sorry!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here