Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Color Contrasting Question

Posted by hjf234 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 17:39

Attached is a picture of our espresso cabinets, luna pearl granite, and saddle flooring. Being a townhouse, our dining area and kitchen are in the same room. We plan on keeping the walls a very light gray. We have a square restored wood dining table that is brown with ivory chairs. Here is my question. We need a buffet table/side board to complete the room and having trouble picking out a color. If we go with a brown piece, will the area be too full of browns and lacking contrast? Should we go with an ivory to match the chairs or a deep red to give the room a pop? Or is there another suggestion? Thanks for all your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Color Contrasting Question

I would go with Ivory to match the chairs. In fact, I'd probably scrap a chip of paint from underneath a chair seat to have paint mixed to match.

Your granite is beautiful and your whole kitchen is going to be spectacular.

o

Red. I like pops of color. =)

o

You have a lot of wood in both rooms. How would you feel about using different materials? This is one example of a metal and marble buffet table. Bring color into the room with fabric, decorative bowls and vases - things that can easily be changed. If you're going to spend a lot for this table, keep it neutral so you don't tire of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burton Forge

o

hjf234,

Can you please post a pic of your kitchen? Specially the cabinets and the granite. We too are in the construction phase of our townhouse and picked the same granite and cabinets!!! (Espresso cabinet with Luna Pearl granite).

I am a bit nervous with our selection of the granite. We had options like New Venetian Gold (NVG), Santa Cecelia & Giallo Ornamental. We had decided on St. Cecelia or NVG, but when we went to the granite place, we did not find "the slab" we wanted for our cabinets (too much black in the st. cecelia & NVG) and after 2 visits just went ahead and picked Luna Pearl.

Thank you.
Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here