Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konadoc

Can you help me find a sink to fit this hole!!!

konadoc
9 years ago

I'm hoping one of you has gone through the odyssey of finding a sink to fit an existing space...and can help!
We have a granite countertop and an existing undermount two bowl sink. The sinks are separated btwn each other by a granite partition.....these are individual sinks undermounted...not a dual bowl one piece unit. This is a new home for us, and we want to retrofit the existing sink space to accept a single bowl sink. We will have the piece of granite separating the 2 sinks removed, and the existing single opening will thus be 30in x 18in.

The problem: I can't for the life of me find a sink to fit the 18in! That is the "interior" dimensions of the bowl. I can find a lot of sinks that are 30in long(wide)....many are sold as "32in" but the interior meets the 30in requirement. But that 18in "front to back" is apparently an impossible find.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
KD

Comments (12)

• User
    9 years ago

If you've found a fabricator to cut the bridge, then he can certainly recut the rest of the hole as well. The limitation is the sink base size, not the size of the current hole.

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

This one might work if you can elongate the opening slightly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wells Sink

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

Better price for it at Overstock.

In the product details, click 'Click here to view additional information about this item'.

(When you're doing a search use '3220 single bowl sink' to help give you a little better search results.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Well Sink at Overstock

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

KD:

hollysprings is correct:

Here is a link that might be useful: Retrofit

• snoonyb
    9 years ago

And the faucet is a..............wall mount, deck mount, integral, separate, a bucket and dipper?

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

Konadoc, I looked at the drawing again and I don't think you will have to change the length of the opening. The sink bowl on the Wells sink is 18 x 30.

• konadoc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning! Attached a pic of the current sink. With the bridge removed I don't think we would want to go larger....already pretty large. Hopefully the visual helps.
    KD

• ci_lantro
    9 years ago

With the bridge removed I don't think we would want to go larger.

Konadoc, are you referring to my suggestion to use '3220' in your search for a sink?

The reason I suggested that is that a 32 x 20 overall dimensioned sink search is much, much more likely to yield you a sink with a 30 x 18 bowl size. The rim accounts for the extra two inches. Now I realize that you're prolly a newbie at this often confusing remodeling game but, still, I'm a little hurt and a little peeved that you obviously did not study the drawings at the link I provided. Just not good internet etiquette, IMO. Heck, I was trying to help you out.

Then again, maybe I'm being dense and not understanding something. If so, then I apologize for being dumb and a little snippy.

• konadoc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ci_lantro: You were a GREAT help!! Sorry, i hadn't had my coffee yet and was responding with a pic to show folks more what i meant.
    I took a look at your link and that looks like it may be the ticket!! We were hoping for a 9in deep sink (really 10 total with the 1 in granite....). We will have to see if enough room below with the garbage disposal , etc. And yes I'm a bit of a Newbie to this sink stuff!!.
    KD

• konadoc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the completed pic. So awesome. Couldn't have done it wo the help here finding the sink. Such a difference.
    KD

• BLTx
    9 years ago

Konadoc--

I know you thought you were re-doing your own kitchen, but it's apparent from your first photo that in fact you snuck into my parents' house and changed out THEIR sink instead.

I want to express my appreciation to you. I've been cursing whoever decided that having a counter-level bridge between the sinks was a good idea. This will make cooking in that kitchen so much easier! :-)

Seriously, though, I think I'll send them a link to this thread.

• konadoc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BLTx:
    We moved into this house this past summer. Immediately this "granite bridge" became a daily annoyance. Any and ALL water that splashes onto the bridge finds its way to the floor or the front in a pool to be sopped up by your shirt or waistband. Nightmare. It was clear by slight damage to edge of the under cabinet doors and floor that the problem was chronic.
    The sink we used was perfect. And the only one that would fit the space of dozens looked at. My granite contractor scoured his sources also and was relieved to see the Forum had solved the problem...cause he was having a tough time.
    This sink was 10in depth...now 11in total w granite top. Deeper than we initially considered, but it has turned out great. Can you tell we are happy. Now it cost a pretty penny to retrofit the granite and install....yikes....but the sink itself was reasonable. And life is too short to put up w silliness!
    KD