Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Different Heights of Crown Molding on Cabinets?

kylady7
10 years ago

Wondering if anyone has ever had the same delima?
I will be starting my kitchen remodel tomorrow and have been going back over all the cabinet dimensions.
I am having staggered cabinets and will be having short cabinets over the range / microwave.
I will be hanging the wall cabinets 17" from counter (I am very short ..wish I could have them even lower) The microwave is 17.75". I just noticed that the over the MW cabinet ordered was a 24" (I know that was discussed and because of Crown Molding being added it was decided that I would need to go with the 18" (only other option) If I keep the 24" I will only have room for 2" Crown Molding and I'm fairly sure the Crown that was ordered for my cabinets were either 3 1/2 or 4".
My Question? Is this ever done....Where the Crown Molding on the Cabinets over Microwave is shorter than the Crown Molding on all the other Cabinets? Or is Crown Molding ever not added here?
If this is not a option or will not look right...then I will call the place where cabinets were ordered and explain the situation and have the 24" exchanged out for a 18".
thanks for any advise, help or suggestions...
I am searching for anything concerning this on the web..but so far have found Nothing....so maybe that tells me that this is Not Done.

Comments (4)