Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delta pull downs with front handle?

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 17:26

That's the question.

When people say 'read the specs' to see if the handle can be installed in the front, do the specs specifically state.that option or do I have to read plumberese to know?
Thanks.
Idabean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delta pull downs with front handle?

Since you're asking about Delta, they have a place on the web page for each faucet where you can ask them questions directly.

o

Thanks for reminding me of that.

o

That's really the best way to be sure. You won't find something in the installation directions for most faucets showing it front and center, although a lot of them will have directions for reversing the hot/cold if you want the handle on the left instead of the right. The surest way is to ask the manufacturer directly.

o

I have a delta trinsic sitting in my basement (uninstalled) and the handle DEFINITELY can be front mounted. I'm 99.9% sure that the specs and installation instructions do NOT specify this.

If the faucet model you're looking at is popular, you can sometimes find online reviews that tell you what the owners did, by googling something like model name front mounted handle.

o

My Delta Transit is front mounted. I never drip water on the countertop. It does splash there though. I figured out yesterday that If I pull the faucet down about 4" it doesn't splash. So a good solution for high faucets and deep sinks. Peke

o

thanks,
idabean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here