Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peel and stick backsplash tile

Posted by drewem (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 17:22

I was just looking at homedepot.com for tile ideas, and I did not see a real single backsplash tile.

They were all peel and stick tiles! Some were subway style. Some were mosaics. Curious, I read some reviews and they rave about how 'real' they look, and how easy it is. Someone also said for a large kitchen they cost the same as tile.

I thought it was strange, why not just invest in tile. Supposedly it comes off the wall easy, with just a heating from your blow dryer.

Would anyone ever use this I wonder?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peel and stick backsplash tile

" Someone also said for a large kitchen they cost the same as tile. "

Might as well use the real thing.

There is no special tile fr back splashes.

Any tile if going to be suitable for a wall.

Floor tiles are a little tougher for that use, but can be used on a wall also.

o

We saw it used on one of the HGTV shows a few weeks ago--don't remember which one. The price they quoted was WAAAAAAY more expensive than most tile (exception being the hand made/specialty tile). DH & I looked at each other and said the same thing--why not just go with regular tile and save a bundle? With that being said, I could see someone using the peel & stick and feeling that the price was affordable as it would be something they could definitely do themselves where if they were to use real tile they would sub the job out--likely a wash in price at that point.

o

If it comes off easily, I think that it would be great for anyone living in a rental unit. I think back on all the hideous mauve tile I had to put up with in apartments, it would have been lovely to cover it.

o

In my old house, I HATED the cabinets and backsplash. We planned to renovate eventually but wanted a spruce. We painted the cabinets, and did the peel and stick tile over the existing backspalsh tile. It was cheaper than getting a contractor (we are NOT handy with tools). That's one reason people use the peel and stick tile. Super easy, and gave an INSTANT update!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here