Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

Micro placement and other ??s

shannonaz
10 years ago

I remodeled my current kitchen 7 years ago with a lot of help from GW and I love it. We are in the process of doing a to-the-studs remodel of a large 1960s ranch. We worked with our architect for a year and construction is starting soon. I had clear ideas of what I wanted for the kitchen. The plans we have are for bidding/permitting purposes and the cabinet configurations aren't exactly right. the overall dimensions are correct. The exact cabinet/appliance choices will be hammered out with the cabinet co. kitchen designer (same cabinet shop I used last time)

Husband and I both love, love, love prepping and cooking at an island.

I'm not having any upper cabs, just shelves, so I decided to just stick the microwave in the pantry. I'm really questioning that decision now. I use the micro to boil water for tea and to heat my cappuccino mug along with reheating leftovers so I was thinking of sticking the micro in the coffee area (upper right on the plan, long side of the L wraps around and that is the coffee area)

What are your thoughts? Where would you put the micro?

I have a trash pull-out in the prep area (so excited!) but I need to add a trash pullout to the cleanup area by the dishwashers. My current kitchen has a trash pull-out to between the sink and dishwasher and it works great. Should I just put it to the right of the sink and put the DW to the right of it? Or put it to the left of the sink (what I'm used to) and move the sink can farther left?

Where should I put the faucet on the prep sink? My main prep area will be between the cooktop and the prep sink.

Any other thoughts?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling