Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caminnc1

Check out the new Jenn Air Refrigerator

caminnc
9 years ago

It's black inside. Here is a picture from Jenn Air. More pictures at Jenn Air. I like it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenn Air

Comments (12)

• jgopp
    9 years ago

I feel like it would be hard to see if it needed to be cleaned. Personally I love a bright white fridge interior. I can see when something has spilled which is nice and I know when it is completely clean. There is a reason they are currently white and have been that way for years.

I think this is going to be a niche product. My bar fridge already has a black interior. I saw on a video some interior designer was claiming that it was amazing they "came up with" a fridge interior in black. I don't think this is as "hugely revolutionary" as they claim. Pretty sure this will last a few years of run and be cancelled.

Maybe I should get off my high horse haha.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

...and honestly, who displays their fruit, OJ, and sodas like that inside the refrigerator??

• palimpsest
    9 years ago

I think it's kind of interesting.

I don't think it will be hard to tell if it's dirty. I think black cars look dirty before white cars.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Who thinks this stuff up? All it needs is a disco ball in there.

• hsw_sc
    9 years ago

It looks like it should be in "Murder House".

Do not want.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

I like it! It actually looks just like my current JennAir, but black interior and sharper angles. The layout is the same. It has LED lights and soft close drawers, which are a nice upgrade. I was bummed mine didn't come with LED since other brands already had it. But this black interior is on a built-in, it says. I have a counter depth. Can you retrofit a built-in? It's definitely pretty!

• caminnc
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll bet there will be other colors on the interior soon from different companies. I love all the LED lights.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

It would be great if we could have a bright color inside, like the lining of a jacket or shoe box, like a painted cabinet (imagine that with a glass door!).

This would be a perfect fit for House Beautiful's Kitchen of the Year showcase home. (If you recall it -- it is featured in HB's October issue)

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

I kind of like it.....
    There's something about it that smacks of elegance and cool style. Don't think it's for every home but I can see some designs where it would look terrific. I have that same refrigerator--48", which is a funny size!

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Gorgeous, sexy ; )

• momfromthenorth
    9 years ago

Ew, not a fan. (being totally honest here)
    My guess would be someone who never cleans the inside of the frig came up with this brainstorm. How would you know if anything is growing in there?

No thanks on black or obsidian inside any appliance. sigh.

• bpath
    9 years ago

The leftover mac-n-cheese in a Ziplock container would look so good in there, so would the half-jars of salsa and horseradish.