Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey Tile Sleuths....what is this tile?

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 17:15

Looks very similar to the Casa Mood Tile I posted before, but I'm not sure what it is. If it is clear glass I like how it seems to not be green.

I did email the designer, so we shall see.

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey Tile Sleuths....what is this tile?

Bee, that looks very close to what is sitting in my garage right now, waiting for its turn my the kitchen remodel. I'm installing 80 sq ft as my backsplash. I'll post photos here once it's installed. It was about $45 sq. ft. If you look for posts by research_queen, she has finished photos.

But first I have to get past my tile nightmare.

o

berardmr, is it Vetro Glass? I can't find any research_queen's pics, they seem to have disappeared. :(

o

Yes, it's Vetro Lux glass in Bianco. I saved her photo. I love this tile!

o

excellent. That is what I have samples of on the way. In that color and some others...

thanks!

o

Bee that is a very unique and beautiful tile! I like how the light bounces off of it, it's a little shimmery. I'm sure it's pretty in person, and can't wait to see it next to your counters.

How's the etching on the Super White? Has it calmed down yet?

o

Yes, it's Vetro Lux glass in Bianco. I saved her photo. I love this tile!

o

Here's another photo of it.

o

drewem...."it" has not calmed down, but I have

Thanks berardmr for the photos.

o

Bee, the tile looks like it could be Vetro Neutra Listello Bianco manufactured by Casamood. There are several websites that sell it. I saw one that had it for 19.95 a sheet. The pictures on those website don't do the tile justice. It's beautiful. The link below does show all the different colors it comes but I think its a European website. Hope this info helps you in your tile search. Can't wait to see what you pick for your fantastic new kitchen. Here is one picture I found of the tile.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass mosaic

o

It also looks like cat_mom's tile:

Here is a link that might be useful: cat_mom's kitchen

o

Beautiful tile! Might have considered had I seen it earlier...
Bee - your kitchen is going to be fantastic! I am loving the concept - hope it matches when you get the samples.

Maybe we should have a sample exchange - I have a crate of tiles in the basement!!!

o

Just want to say that it takes about 2 sheets to make a square ft. They list price by the sheet. I didn't know that at first, but this tile had me at Hello.

o

Bee, It looks more translucent than the Vetro. Looks similar to various "super white" glass mosaics we have in our showroom. I'm sure you can find it anywhere really. I can probably give you a link to buy online from our vendor tomorrow morning. If it is what I suspect, it's not nearly as impressive in person. The kitchen in you're photo is much more contemporary than yours...

What about the various shell mosaics out there?

o

Yes, the Vetro Lux is not a translucent glass. It's more pearlized glass with 'swipes' of lux (shine) on it, as if it was hand wiped.

I bought tons of samples from sites where I loved the photo, but the actual sample was disappointing.

Good luck, Bee. I'm sure your choice will be stunning, just like the rest of your kitchen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here