Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Day 5...they worked hard this week!!

Posted by ali80ca (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 17:12

It is amazing how much can be accomplished in 5 short days. My kitchen looks so different than it did a week again or even than it did Monday morning. The bulk of the banquette is done and so is most of the island. I need to go pick up my knobs and pulls on Monday or Tuesday so that they are available for install. I have a feeling I will spend most of the weekend opening and closing drawers and doors! Such fun!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Day 5...they worked hard this week!!

one view of the island, it still needs pillars and kickplate installed

o

Oh, wow! That's getting exciting. Even from this side. I am ridiculously intrigued by that far windowed corner. Fondle the doors all you want now so you can give proper attention to the counters when they go in. :)

o

Man, they are rolling along, aren't they? Blue is my favorite color. I'm seeing these cabs and starting to change my mind on what I want. The good news is, I probably have at LEAST another year to decide, if I'm lucky, so...

I gotta stop reading GW....lol...

o

Wow you are making progress. I can't wait to be in your shoes!!!

o

LOL Rosie, my corner that covers a ridiculously large heating duct. There will be a second sink there (more a laundry type sink), that will be handy for soaking clothes to handwash, or even wash vegetables from the fridge before they get cooked. That area used to be a separate room and the plumbing was already there.

Spider, I love the blue too, even more now that it is installed. You really do have to go with what you love.

Blue it is such fun to watch!

Productive weekend here, I actually sold all my old appliances (for money!! Wow) and my big blue tarp covering stuff on my front porch is smaller than it was. Nobody is coming today so I might go and pick up my knobs and pulls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here