Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barstools like this?

Posted by kksmama (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 17:10

I ordered these stools, believing the salesperson who told me they would have a metal finish. They don't, they arrived marred, and are not worthy of my kitchen (borrowing that line from another poster, regarding another GWers light fixture).

cierra hillsdale photo stooltemp_zpsd5395263.jpg
I really liked the style. I want 26" high seats, swivel, a cushioned seat, and am willing to pay for quality (now that I've returned these) because I know we'll use them a lot and they are highly visible in my kitchen. Stainless or wood would be okay, and I could go with arms or no arms.

Any ideas for me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barstools like this?

Saloom Furniture makes quality stools. They have a good selection of swivel and non swivel, cushion and wood seats. And their cushioned stools are 26". Best of all, you can choose the wood stain and cushion fabric. Not cheap, but not crazy-expensive. Very comfortable, too! We are very happy with ours.

o

Have you looked on Wayfair.com? They have a huge selection. When you search for counter stools, a bunch of features will pop up for narrowing down. If you select meta frame, swivel, etc. I have the Nicholas, by Trica. It is very comfortable. Trica stools will have an option of height.
I don't know where you are located, but if you are in the Boston area, there is a great store called 'chair fair' they have about 300 stools on display and you can go and give them all the butt test.

o

Wow - 300 stools? That would be awesome. The largest selection I've found in one store so far is around 30.
I'll check out Saloom and Trica, I hate to just order online without butt testing but narrowing down some brands is a great help. Thanks for the suggestions!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here